Case Color Other Than Black?

craigix said:
We might make 100 (for example) clear cases and use them to reward people.

To make the 100 will cost thousands of dollars due to the set up costs, but the forum could decide who should get them. We would never mass produce the cases to keep their rare value.

Would be great if you set up competitions of some sort to win some of these ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
couldnt you just mass produce black ones, with a matte finish.
and have some spray paint artists professionally paint them? that'd be even more awesome price, haha.

MDave said:
Would be great if you set up competitions of some sort to win some of these ;)
I'll enter to beat Cho's highscore (with my audience of course being the forum whiners instead of students)

Who wouldn’t want a clear one, like the historic pre production ones? Having one would make it look like you were part of the development team. You could be a poser. In line with that thinking, I’d limit black to the first and maybe second batch. From there on I’d offer a variety of colors other then black. Perhaps charcoal.

Stingray said:
Who wouldn’t want a clear one, like the historic pre production ones? Having one would make it look like you were part of the development team. You could be a poser. In line with that thinking, I’d limit black to the first and maybe second batch. From there on I’d offer a variety of colors other then black. Perhaps charcoal.

Honestly, I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of clear cases - I find them visually noisy and distracting, and prefer solid colors. In my case it's probably moot as I'm one of the people least likely to get one anyway, but I'm more than happy with the current choice of black. It's neutral, it doesn't stain or show damage as easily, and it doesn't really clash with any other colors.

I'd gladly pay 40 dollars to get a clear case afterward... clear IS great...

I would like an Atomic Purple Pandora :)

Like so:
51Ylb3FS0sL.jpg

I started this discussion because prima facie there is no reason the mp case batch can't be in any color at all. They all have to be the same color, sure. And there will be opinions all over the shop for what individuals would prefer, but I just wonder: is it actual trivial to choose a different color at this point?

If it is, should I put up a poll for what color folks would want? Would the OP team go with the choice if there was a preference for something other than black?

Honestly, I guess black would wind up the (yawn) most popular choice, but that is only a guess, and while we're all standing around on the corner here, scratching ourselves and farting, perhaps we can have one last actually useful discussion that can actually still contribute to what the Pandora will be like.

Afaik, we already discussed the color a year or so ago. "Any color as long as it's black" sums it up pretty well. Start a (another?)poll if you like :)

craigix said:
We might make 100 (for example) clear cases and use them to reward people.

To make the 100 will cost thousands of dollars due to the set up costs, but the forum could decide who should get them. We would never mass produce the cases to keep their rare value.

Can we order just a case or case parts separately for modding etc without having to potentially ruin the one it comes in? if so how much would an entire case cost?

I think I'd like to reverse engineer a case out of solid aluminium. That'd be sure to take the knocks,
and not be 'too' heavy - well for a solid metal case that is! Could be tricky in terms of short circuits
though - plenty of internal sticky back plastic action might be needed.

A mate of mine works with carbon fibre - that'd be an awesome replacement in terms of durability. ;O)

As for the cost of an original complete replacement case, that would be a good figure to know as it
might be a sensible 'just in case' purchase for major mishaps(!)

daffy said:
Honestly, I guess black would wind up the (yawn) most popular choice, but that is only a guess, and while we're all standing around on the corner here, scratching ourselves and farting, perhaps we can have one last actually useful discussion that can actually still contribute to what the Pandora will be like.
You're about a year or two too late to the party. Discussion on what it would actually be like happened a long time ago. Most of it happened before I joined (much to my chagrin), and I've been here almost 2 years even. All that's left is to sit around, scratch and fart, and wait for the bloody thing to actually ship.

Lol, we should be posting in the thread link below. :pandora2ut4:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50808-a-pandora-just-for-me/page__st__15

CasperN said:
send the pandoras to http://www.colorwarepc.com/ if you have money to pay em.
@ mali, love that song :)

wow that's pretty cool.. I might consider getting my pandora done there o_o but what colours?!

SONY said:
Lol, we should be posting in the thread link below. :pandora2ut4:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50808-a-pandora-just-for-me/page__st__15
You are cheating! Wouldn't have thought that the poll system is so lame :eek:

Any Colours as long it is Black, , and any Delivery Dates as long it is Thwo Months.... (OK, Thats wasnt very funy yet) :unsure:

I want the Pandora in Black, because its just like the coulor of my soul
19.gif

matzesu said:
Any Colours as long it is Black, , and any Delivery Dates as long it is Thwo Months.... (OK, Thats wasnt very funy yet) :unsure:

I'dd formulate that otherwise... any problem will result in any delay as long as its two month...

@ cold-storage

the trouble with alloy or carbon fibre is that they block signals at the Wi-Fi and blue-tooth frequencies really well, so you would have to have plastic sections near the antenna(s) to allow the Wi-Fi or blue-tooth to work.

Back