The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The FUTURE!

Ha. I've seen that. Definitely cute girls, as was the girl who played Zelda in the video.

The guy playing Link looks nothing like what I think Link should look like, however he does an excellent Marty McFly. His voice control was definitely on point. The guy playing Doc does a great job too. His "Great Scott!" was perfect.

I've not played all the Zelda games that have been made, but I will never play the CDi games. I've seen video of them, and I don't want to taint my otherwise good opinion of the series.

Anyway, I've watched this probably a dozen times now, and it never fails to make me smile.

Topic for discussion: What's up with the Zelda timeline anyway? Does it have to be this complicated? Could they possibly screw with it more? Discuss.

I think Nintendo is trying to make its timeline from Oot.

Skyward sword -> Oot* -> MM* -> ? (*Same link)

(Happens eventually After MM) -> WW** -> PH** -> ST? -> (**Same Link)

Although the other Zelda games present another series.

Link to the past*** -> Links awakening*** -> OoA*** & OoS*** (***Possibly the same Link)

I think the first 2 Zelda are separate.

Zelda -> Zelda 2

And I think the four swords series is separate as well.

Minish Cap -> GBA Fourswords -> GC Fourswords.

Twilight Princess is unique as it shares traits with Oot, MM, and Ltp. I cant find a place for it.

It may be a separate entity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Topic for discussion: What's up with the Zelda timeline anyway? Does it have to be this complicated? Could they possibly screw with it more? Discuss.
For a brief time, it was decided that all Links through the games were in fact the same Link. The Ocarina of Time kept him young or something so he could continue fighting Ganon through the ages. And for some reason he never remembered this and had to go looking for the Master Sword every time again. Thankfully they quickly came to their senses. So yes, yes it can be even more screwed up.

Does it need to be so convoluted? No. It is convoluted because they tried to avoid paradox by creating an alternate dimension, but given how the entirety of the time travel is already handled poorly, I'm convinced fans could have accepted that "magic" just kind of made the paradoxes go away. Either we've got one little paradox that we just kind of ignore and the rest of the timeline fits well enough into place, or try to avoid the paradox, create an alternate reality, and leave a criss-crossed timeline of confusion.

Maybe this is confirmed somewhere - I don't remember reading it anyway - but I always considered Link, Zelda and Ganon to be the three parts of the Triforce: Link is Courage, Zelda is Wisdom and Ganon is Power. They can never be rid of the other two because they are inexorably tied to the triforce. No matter if it is that they are immortal, reincarnated or simply descendants of the originals, the trio are destined to struggle again and again for control of the Triforce. Sometimes, Ganon has it. Sometimes, he is trying to get it. But the struggle will continue throughout the ages no matter who controls it currently.

I personally believe that there is some sort of pseudo-reincarnation / descendent thing going here. At one point, it was decreed all female princesses born to the royal family were to be named "Zelda." So that is why we see her again and again. I like to think that Link is born again and again as the hero of time. He has no memories of his past lives, but he's essentially the same guy. Ganon has always been the same person though, I think, and not a descendent. Possibly he's immortal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's exactly how it is now. Zelda is always a descendant of Zelda, Ganondorf is always the same Ganondorf who is always revived or continues to live through sheer hatred, and Link is a reincarnation of the Hero of Time. I think the implication is that Link never actually settles down to have kids, so no direct descendants. This was brought up in Wind Waker if you play through a second time and can understand Jabun and Valoo, that this Link is not a descendant of the Hero of Time, but has the potential to take up his mantel.

I guess that means that Link and Zelda never hook up. What a tease! Poor Link! All that work and no reward.

Anyway, on an unrelated note. These chicks are haaaaaaaaawwwt~ :wub:

uFlnyxJUF68b8zosqAbYjrUv_500.jpg

.... Meow. ^_^

*IF* there were more girls like this RL I would definitely start dating. :)

Alas... how many girls do you meet with such an appealing fashion sense and cute pointy ears. <_< *sigh*

*IF* there were more girls like this RL I would definitely start dating. :)

Alas... how many girls do you meet with such an appealing fashion sense and cute pointy ears. <_< *sigh*

You will find one. The key, my closeted heterosexual friend, is to look. Take it from me-- your type is out there and probably just as isolated as you are, waiting for you to come out of your shell. ^_^

The ears, though fake, are very cute. Sometimes I persuade my girlfriend to wear cat ears for a few minutes; she just looks so cute! One year for Hallow-e'en she wore a cat suit. It was before we were dating, but that's what pictures are for
smile.gif

You will find one. The key, my closeted heterosexual friend, is to look. Take it from me-- your type is out there and probably just as isolated as you are, waiting for you to come out of your shell. ^_^

Yeah... I've realized a few things recently. I'm working on radically changing my attitude - it hasn't done me any good or anyone else for that matter.

I'm ashamed of the negativity I've been putting out there - all due of course to personal issues I'd been trying to avoid dealing with. The reason I haven't been very present here for the past few months (apart from my big work load RL) is because I've been in such a bad space. I'm working hard on changing that and seeing the positive in everyone and in my circumstances.

My biggest realization is that joy comes from helping people - whether they deserve it or not is irrelevant... what matters is what comes from you, and the attitude you hold in your heart.

Closet heterosexual, lol. :D

Strange strange but true. ;)

My biggest realization is that joy comes from helping people - whether they deserve it or not is irrelevant... what matters is what comes from you, and the attitude you hold in your heart.
That's really beautiful, mate. You sound like a really sweet guy and now you deserve nothing but happiness in your life.

Back