the memory about GP32

forever68

Still Fresh
Please i'm a newcomer and i want to ask you if you know how much memory has the GP32 , if is internal and how meny games it can have????

The GP32 uses a Smart Media Card to store data on and has 8mb RAM. There are currently SMC upto 128mb and the SMC must be 3.3V, higher wont work with the GP32. With a 128mb SMC you can fit alot of games and programs, how many can't I tell you because it variats. But a encoded full-lenght movie will fit, if you have the right settings. There are rumours about a 256mb SMC, but nothing sure.

(This is my 100th post, Jippi!!! :D)

Sometimes people get confused between the gba flash linkers and the way they measure their storage just remember as far as i no the gba flash linkers are measured in bits not bytes so if you think 128mbytes doesn't sound much compared 2 256mbit flash linkers well erm 256megabits is only 32megabytes i believe?
i may have got this all wrong :/ :(

if only the GP32 had more RAM, so much more could be possible, or I am thinking that RAM is something else??

RAM - Random-Access Memory.

High-Level Function: Store program variables, and the program itself.

Low-Level Function: The Stack, and the program itself.

Both the high-level and low-level function are the same, they are just represented differently.

I would say, with overclocking, RAM is probably the biggest blockade. One of the problems with adding more RAM is direct addressing - programs would have to be converted to higher digits to facilitate the increase in RAM.

Back