The mysterious accident that happend to my pyra (at nighttime?)

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
This will be a short story but last week my pyra became more mine. I was playing lost vikings and all and this time I could not switch between the vikings, something thats done with the shoulderbuttons. So I set out to check and wanted to navigate to the inputtester, however this was quite hard because without the shoulder button the / is not typeable. While I was doing this I was complaining a bit and mentioning out loud "hmm why does it not work, strange, annoying this that", then my girlfriend told huh is your handheldthingy broken? Ehm yes I replied. Well It might have had to do with that I dropped it from the couch you've annoyingly put it on :eek: :eek: :eek: So thats the mystery solved.

But why did the shoulderbuttons not work, it turned out two of them actually came of the PCB. This was familiair terrain as i've had to solder back shoulderbuttons on my Pandora as well. Long story short I resolderd them and everythings fine, and now my pyra feels a bit more mine, because I fixed it!

Which leaves as only open question, what would be an appropiate punishment for your girlfriend. I guess some fine is in order since Pyras are an endagered species... Either she pays you a dinner or she buys you a pinecil, soldering paste (Sn, what was the english word?), and insulating spray, and wraps it all in a nice package with a lace. And thus the Pyra caselaw began...

Last edited:
I broke a Shoulderbutton switch of my Pandora CPU some years ago when i did accidently drop the open Handheld on the Ground as i dit try to change the bottompart of the case because id had some cracks..
Pyra only got some small Cracks in the Hinge, and i dont know if it was because it was involved in my E-Bike Accident 2 Years ago, or because of Stress from 2 Years Pocket Carry..
Glad you where able to fix your Pyra, i did lack the Scill back then..

Which leaves as only open question, what would be an appropiate punishment for your girlfriend.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!

Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlements, a debtor was brought to him owing ten thousand talents. Since the man was unable to pay, the master ordered that he be sold to pay his debt, along with his wife and children and everything he owned.

Then the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Have patience with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’

His master had compassion on him, forgave his debt, and released him.

But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe me!’

So his fellow servant fell down and begged him, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you back.’

But he refused. Instead, he went and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay his debt.

When his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed, and they went and recounted all of this to their master.

Then the master summoned him and declared, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave all your debt because you begged me. Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant, just as I had on you?’ In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should repay all that he owed.

That is how My heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”

Thanks for thy lesson. May I beg 3 questions for my further enlightenment ?:

1.- "turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should repay". So were those jailers customers of some BSDM business or how could torture repay any debt ?
[EDIT: 1.b - "had the man thrown into prison until he could pay his debt" how does prison improve the income of the prisoner so he can better pay debts ? ]
2.- how many denarii are a talent ? What about the actualised value ?
3.- I was humbly introducing civil law here, and you turned it into global economics, with unpayable debt as torture against oppressed weaker neighbours. Do you realise the IMF is into unconsentual practices ?

Last edited:
Which leaves as only open question, what would be an appropiate punishment for your girlfriend. I guess some fine is in order since Pyras are an endagered species... Either she pays you a dinner or she buys you a pinecil, soldering paste (Sn, what was the english word?), and insulating spray, and wraps it all in a nice package with a lace. And thus the Pyra caselaw began...
Well I had some open issues I could use to strike both of them out :D

Reactions: rSl
Same story here. The story should be here at the forums because in my case the shoulder button was still physically attached but lost electrical contact, the problem wasn't obvious and came here asking for help. It fell after gently pushing it with the multimeter to check function.

But yes, in the end it feels great when you can fix something on your own and the vendor and/or community provides support.

Technically the Pyra should be designed, so that dropping it onto the shoulder button can not break the button.
@EvilDragon MAybe check that. Is that because it is an old inot with a prototype housing?

Well, that's an opportunity for merchandising, what about a rubber jacket for the Pyra with integrated airbags ? :p

Back