The "new content" button is gone as guest.

Linux-SWAT

Forum Addict!
I only find new posts with the activity stream, but it's inconvenient because it's not the more concise "threads with new posts" list.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how is the board supposed to know what's "new" to a guest who doesn't log in? It doesn't know who you are, or when you last looked

For some odd reason I am logged in and I dont find the "new content" button anywhere...

Have you been playing with the Activity Streams feature?  If you make another stream the default it replaces "Unread Content".  If you unset the default stream it disappears altogether.

If you click on "Activity" in the menu bar, you can access "Unread Content" through the sub-menu.  Once the page is loaded check for a tick next to the "Unread Content" heading.  If It's green that means that you are viewing the default stream, in which case it should be linked at the top and bottom of each page. (on the right side of the page, to left of "Mark site read")  If the tick is grey, then you can click on it to make that the default stream.

-Neelix

EDIT: Hrm,  looks like I was mistaken.  Simply unsetting the default stream won't make the option disappear, it just reverts to "Unread Content".  However, If you set a custom stream as default and then delete the default custom stream, that will cause the option to disappear until a new default is selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
@EvilDragon

bug report.png

Thanks for your atention Evildragon and Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, while the activity stream is nice, I still wish we had the old style new content page that only showed each thread once, regardless of how many new replies there were.

Yeah, while the activity stream is nice, I still wish we had the old style new content page that only showed each thread once, regardless of how many new replies there were.

As far as I know, that should be possible. The activity stream is pretty powerful, I just haven't had the time to look at it yet.

@EvilDragon

View attachment 12598

Thanks for your atention Evildragon and Neelix

There is the "Unread Content" button on top right above the latest topics, or what exactly did you mean?

Last edited:
As far as I know, that should be possible. The activity stream is pretty powerful, I just haven't had the time to look at it yet.

Ok, never mind I found out how to do it, change the first option to "content items only".

They still take up more room though, due to showing the most recent reply, instead of just the title

That can be fixed too, there's a switch at the upper right of the stream page that lets you switch it to a more compact view.

-Neelix

There is the "Unread Content" button on top right above the latest topics, or what exactly did you mean?

Sorry I didnt notice, because before there was a more detached and noticeable and I was so used to it that, I found it confusing the way that new content is shown now, again sorry i didnt notice it, it was quite a sudden change from the "Show More Content" button that there was before..

Back