THE NUMBERS IMAGE THREAD!

i find it interesting that photos like this:

end up in a google search for 752. see if you can guess it, answer in spoiler.
one more spoiler for those who really want to think about it...
height of picture is 752 pixels

ngc752find.jpg
Looks like VGA Planets to me. We had a pretty cool VPL game running with some guys from school back in the 90's. Since none of us had internet access we exchanged the turns on floppy disks. Fond memories. :)

It's a deep space cluster within the Andromeda constellation apparently, i.e. a real thing. It's been known about for a few centuries apparently - not sure why it's got such a rubbishy name in that case.
[doublepost=1464987398,1464977212][/doublepost]Who knew Lambo made tractors?

Lamborghini_754_front.jpg

Why, do they do anything else?

As for 754 tractors, lamborgini isnt it.
latest

Straightstack, 4WD, airfilter high and mighty. Its so arrogant you can indicate turns when submerged.
mc754.JPG

I dare say this is the 754 this thread deserves.

Last edited:
Who knew Lambo made tractors?

I did : Lambo was all about tractors in the 50-60s, then Ferruccio Lamborghini complained to Enzo about his personnal Ferrari, to which the Commendatore replied something like that he knew nothing about sports cars and should stick with his tractors.
Then, his mediterranean blood took charge of shutting Ferrari's mouth. :D

then Ferruccio Lamborghini complained to Enzo about his personnal Ferrari, to which the Commendatore replied something like that he knew nothing about sports cars and should stick with his tractors.
IIRC his wife managed to repeatedly kill its clutch, so he replaced it with one from his tractors to actually fix this issue - Enzo went postal when he told him about this.

The Free and Open way ! :p

IIRC his wife managed to repeatedly kill its clutch, so he replaced it with one from his tractors to actually fix this issue - Enzo went postal when he told him about this.

I heard it was himself who complained about the clutch's build quality, but I don't think he sourced one from his tractors (probably wouldn't fit). I guess he and his engineers improved upon the original and showed their clutch to Ferrari.

Wikipedia time :

In 1958, Lamborghini traveled to Maranello to buy a Ferrari 250GT, a two-seat coupé with a body designed by coachbuilder Pininfarina. He went on to own several more over the years, including a Scaglietti-designed 250 SWB Berlinetta and a 250GT 2+2 four-seater. Lamborghini thought Ferrari's cars were good, but too noisy and rough to be proper road cars, categorizing them as repurposed track cars with poorly built interiors. Period Ferraris had spartan interiors, lacking the plush appointments Lamborghini felt were essential to a gran turismo car. Lamborghini found that Ferrari's cars were equipped with inferior clutches, and required continuous trips to Maranello for rebuilds; technicians would secret the car away for several hours to perform the work, much to Lamborghini's annoyance. He had previously expressed dissatisfaction with Ferrari's aftersales service, which he perceived to be substandard. Lamborghini brought his misgivings to Enzo Ferrari's attention, but was dismissed by the notoriously pride-filled Modenan. After successfully modifying one of his personally-owned Ferrari 250GTs to outperform stock models, Lamborghini gained the impetus to pursue an automobile manufacturing venture of his own, aiming to create the perfect touring car that he felt no one could build for him. Lamborghini believed that a grand tourer should have attributes that were lacking in Ferrari's offerings, namely high performance without compromising tractability, ride quality, and interior appointments. A clever businessman, Lamborghini also knew that he could make triple the profit if the components used in his tractors were installed in a high-performance exotic car instead.

Volvo drivers always cut in front of me, causing me to slam my brakes, I think they lack the fear of death with their superiorly safe cars... And then once in front of me they drive slower than the speed limit...

Volvo drivers always cut in front of me, causing me to slam my brakes, I think they lack the fear of death with their superiorly safe cars... And then once in front of me they drive slower than the speed limit...

Don't worry, I drive a SAAB. :)

My on road nemesis are the VW TDI cars - all of them. They are continually traveling 10 mph or more under the speed limit OR tailgating while refusing to pass - even on a 4 lane road. Obviously they're trying to 'hypermile'. What they're saving on gas blows right out my tailpipe though as I have to pass them or aerodynamically drag them.

Of course them and many here will take offense at my supercharged, lifted, armored and snorkel'd 6500+ lb modified sport utility wagon on 35" tires anyway. Just come up to the speed limit so I don't have to use a gallon of gas to pass and I'll let you surf your refrigerator sized car in my aerodynamic wake so we all get along. OK?

Back