1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The Pandora Port Request Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Chip, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Magic Sam

Magic Sam Forever Homebrew

2. directive0

directive0 Very Active Member

Corollary to that; would it be possible to port godot 3 to the pandora?

3. Magic Sam

4. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

Rust/Cargo (a fairly recent version) will be on the next codeblocks (if I finish it one day). There is an older (but usable) version in latest published beta if someone want to try.

5. x1212

x1212 Member

I had a quick look at the Developer Bundle, and it uses an "engine.cfg", so it should be using something older than godot 3.0 (there that file would be named "project.godot") so probably some 2.1 version was used.
    I don't have my Pandora with me right now so I can't test it, but looking at the screenshots I'd say it might even work without any or just some minor adjustments (maybe some in order to make it playable on the 800x480 screen and some in case the sprite textures aren't power of 2 and have mipmaps enabled).

Edit:
    Running it on my Laptop it seems to be working fine with many different window sizes, so 800x480 shouldn't be a problem but mipmapping seems to be enabled by default, so some GLES driver versions of the Pandora might show some Sprites in black if there are any non power of two texture sizes.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  6. Magic Sam

7. wolfgang

wolfgang Still Fresh

Ye, considering there's a GP2X port.

8. Magic Sam

Hi all :)

A companion to @ptitSeb's Danger from the Deep:

http://openssn.sourceforge.net/index.php

"OpenSSN is a submarine simulator (sometimes referred to as a subsim) for modern classes of submarine. The player is able to pilot their submarine, detect vessels and engage enemy ships. The game focuses on the tactical aspect of commanding a submarine, leaving many of the minor details up to the AI crew."

Source (checking this one out as I type):
    Code:
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/openssn/code/ openssn-code

EDIT: the source code on SVN seems to be lacking some files (sound.h for example). Prefer the official 1.4 release from 2013-05-22:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/openssn/files/openssn-1.4/openssn-1.4.tar.gz/download

EDIT 2: it compiled nicely on the Pandora thanks to @ptitSeb's Code::Blocks :) I'll try to push this one to the Repo ASAP !

Note for self (before going to bed): export PREFIX="/mnt/utmp/openssn-magicsam" proved handy, and OpenSSN will require @notaz ' improved SDL to work in fullscreen mode:
    EDIT 3: I recompiled the game this morning while in the train, with all the optimizations frrom Code::Blocks (-O3 -ffast-math etc...). Not sure this is a great idea, considering this is a submarine simulation, with lots of advanced math involved (I could be wrong though...). The PND is almost ready, you can expect a release soon !

EDIT 4: PND is ready, but the game has many issues (it segfaults, for one thing. Even when recompiled with -O2 only), so I'm quite reluctant to release it on the Repo as is. I'll recompile it with debug flags, see if I can understand what's going wrong...

EDIT 5: of course, the game no longer segfaults when compiled with the debugging flags... Typical :D

EDIT 6: OpenSSN 1.4 is on the Repo :) http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openssn-magicsam

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    atari_afternoon and levi like this.
  9. Magic Sam

10. Magic Sam

11. PokeParadox

PokeParadox Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder Staff Member

12. Magic Sam

13. Magic Sam