The Pandora Port Request Thread

icurafu said:
Sorry to let you know this, but the GP2X port was full speed.

That game is supposed to scroll half a tile at a time. That's the natural feel of Ultima7. It feels the same on my PC, and my 486 with the original game.
yep I had it on my old 486 as well back in around '93 (486 sx20, 8mb ram, 100mb HD, dos 5), anyway it seemed slightly more responsive then, and also when I play it now via exult. I noticed on the gp2x port that sometimes the action would just stop for a second, and some of the button clicks were slower (maybe it's just me though)

Anyway I can't play the gp2x version anymore as I sold it a few months ago (couldn't stick the joystick any longer).

Now come to think of it maybe the joystick control made it seem slow, and with the Pandora's stylus it wll be perfect. Any idea if this will be ported??

Last edited by a moderator:
the latest version of exhult worked fine for me.

I tried the VGA PocketPC version and it had the freeze issue. Actually, that port was a mess. Horrific controls which makes you appriciate the work done on the GP2X.

XMoto (http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/) is pretty great. I would love to be able to play it on a game-oriented handheld.

Eta Carinae said:
XMoto (http://xmoto.tuxfamily.org/) is pretty great. I would love to be able to play it on a game-oriented handheld.
+1

TaG said:
If you find 2.0 please let me know. Cheers.
HERE are the files for apprentice 2. But they are source code only, hopefully a dev will pick this up and make us happy little geeks. :D

EDIT - actually i do see an exe file on that site, maybe this is a working version. I'll let you know

EDIT (again) - yea it is a program but incomplete, will start up but it gives me an error when I try to load a deck into it. But I like the way it looks, I really hope some dev out there is into magic.

I discovered a new favourite in the Kubuntu repositories recently. :) It's SolarWolf (full source is available at the link, of course).

Armagetron?

Could it be possible to get this running on the pandora? Its an open source game that runs on linux, but has been ported to windows and mac amongst others. I just feel it would be perfect for the system, and possibly using the built in wifi you could get the online play to work on the pandora aswell.

:D

That would be pretty cool. I lug that thing on to every computer I own just because it's so small and looks so nice for what it is. I just wish the AI was a little smarter.

yea, i have no idea what the specs are. But it runs fairly easily on my mums pc (128mb ram, 32mb video card, etc). So i can imagine it working on the pandora without much trouble.

Frets on fire would be cool too, but that would require a lot of optimization.

I also think Tremulous would be pretty awesome, also pushing the limits a bit, but i dont see why it couldnt be done.

http://tremulous.net/

I doubt either of those will push it's limits. Maybe nexuiz, but I'm not even sure about that one.

sindbad said:
I doubt either of those will push it's limits. Maybe nexuiz, but I'm not even sure about that one.
recommended specs:

- A 1.5 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500+ or better
- 9600ati or 5700fx or better
- 512 MB of ram or better

i dont think the pandora could manage that, not without large changes to the source code.

Remember that the screen is tiny, thus textures can also be much smaller. Other details can also be reduced drastically without being noticed.

I suppose that is true, but i struggle to imagine you bringing down ram usage enough to run it smoothly on 128mb ram. Even with greatly reduced textures.

Still, with enough optimization it is possible, would take some work though.

EDIT: on a more practical note. I would like to see something like ABIword being ported... It would mean i could take my pandora into college and use it in lesson for basic word processing, and then soon as lesson is over i can play some games :D.

EDIT2: this could also be assisted by an inclusion of a recording program for lectures. Which i know has been mentioned recently.

Theone said:
I suppose that is true, but i struggle to imagine you bringing down ram usage enough to run it smoothly on 128mb ram. Even with greatly reduced textures.

Still, with enough optimization it is possible, would take some work though.

EDIT: on a more practical note. I would like to see something like ABIword being ported... It would mean i could take my pandora into college and use it in lesson for basic word processing, and then soon as lesson is over i can play some games :D.

EDIT2: this could also be assisted by an inclusion of a recording program for lectures. Which i know has been mentioned recently.

how come the devs didnt put more ram into the device? is it possible (if ur an expert solderer) to put some of your own?

Back