The Pandora Port Request Thread

IKURUGA, IF POSSIBLE or something similar(original preferred even if it might not be possible.)

polkunus said:
IKURUGA, IF POSSIBLE or something similar(original preferred even if it might not be possible.)
Do you have the source code? Remember, for something to be ported, the source code is required. ;)

I doubt the source code for Ikaruga is available. However, if you have a link to the source code for a similar game, please post it so that anyone interested in porting such a thing has access to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
polkunus said:
Do you have the source code? Remember, for something to be ported, the source code is required. ;)

I doubt the source code for Ikaruga is available. However, if you have a link to the source code for a similar game, please post it so that anyone interested in porting such a thing has access to it.

Is there no Open Source Shoot em Up with IKARUGA Qualities? ^^ something like "Radiant Silvergun" would also do the job. :D
I hope there is a skilled coder who can give us a nice SHMUP dedicated for the Pandora and using all of it's OMAP-Power. :)

Ur Quan Masters (open-source star control 2)? There's several Linux ports already, and even a GP2X port. :)

http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/The_Ur-Quan_Masters#GP2X
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/The_Ur-Quan_Masters

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

and dare I ask, OpenOffice?

Linux Requirements:

GNU/Linux ("Linux")
Linux kernel version 2.2.13 or higher, glibc2 version 2.2.0 or higher
128 Mbytes RAM
200 Mbytes available disk space
X-Server with 800 x 600 or higher resolution with at least 256 colours

I think it might be pushing it a bit in the memory area.

km2783 said:
Ur Quan Masters (open-source star control 2)? There's several Linux ports already, and even a GP2X port. :)

http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/The_Ur-Quan_Masters#GP2X
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/The_Ur-Quan_Masters

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Linux Requirements:

GNU/Linux ("Linux")
128 Mbytes RAM

i actually thought openoffice would be nice, but then i realized abiword on its own would do me.

All i really need is a good word processor.

fusion_power said:
Is there no Open Source Shoot em Up with IKARUGA Qualities? ^^ something like "Radiant Silvergun" would also do the job. :D
I can't say I know. Platforming is my genre, not shoot 'em ups. :lol: I was really just pointing out that if a port is wanted, then a link to the source for anyone who may want to port it would be a plus. :)

Prometheus said:
fusion_power said:
I can't say I know. Platforming is my genre, not shoot 'em ups. :lol: I was really just pointing out that if a port is wanted, then a link to the source for anyone who may want to port it would be a plus. :)

i know radiant silvergun ran on the saturn... but can it be emulated? i dont remember anyone mentioning it. ill go check the faq.

also: radiant silvergun can be ran on mame, but it is cpu heavy.

km2783 said:

Linux Requirements:

GNU/Linux ("Linux")
128 Mbytes RAM

OpenOffice should run, since it has presumably been ported along with Ubuntu by, uh, OpenMojo (does that sound right? I may be conflating it with OpenMoko, and there aren't a lot of google hits).

However, I seriously doubt it will run well, and there are considerably better alternatives like AbiWord/Gnumeric and Siag Office. These will be much more productive, as well as consuming less battery life...

Firefox said:
Chip said:
And just to clarify, the RAM is built right into the SoC package. There is absolutely no reasonable way to remove or upgrade it without destroying the chip. Compatible 256MB modules did not exist when Pandora development started, and even now a 3530 chips with 256MB RAM are not commercially available. There is no option other than to make due with 128MB, and from what all the devs are saying, it won't be much of a limitation at all.
That's not strictly true - the flash and SDRAM is in a "PoP" (package-on-package) that is soldered to the top of the SoC.

You could get a PoP with more memory in it, but I understand that they get cripplingly expensive above the size fitted to the Pandora. Or, you could dispense with the PoP and solder separate flash and SDRAM chips to the board - if there were space to do that, which there isn't.

Remember that 128MB of SDRAM is a lot more than any other handheld console - nearly double that of even the latest versions of the PSP, in fact.

these words have a lot of info, thanx alot. im actually willing to put more money into this thing since it isn't much of a problem for me.

BZFlag. (source available) I remember the days wasted on this game. :)

Subspace Continuum. (source not available, but since it is free, owners might compile a version for the pandora).

cbp said:
BZFlag. (source available) I remember the days wasted on this game. :)

Subspace Continuum. (source not available, but since it is free, owners might compile a version for the pandora).

wait, i thought the only way to actually have a game is:
having a source code
make a similar copy..

why would it matter if it was free or not?

polkunus said:
why would it matter if it was free or not?
Because if it's free, any given developer may not have a commercial reason not to port something, perhaps? (Obviously they may very well have other reasons, but I imagine this is why cbp mentioned the fact that it's free.)

I guess since it hasn't been mentioned yet (after a quick search thread), Gjiten would be awesome for any Japanese students who don't want to waste ~$300 on an electronic dictionary. Though it would also require SCIM input to be ported as well, this can be more universally used to internationalize the P.

Username said:
I like to use Soulseek for chatting and general file sharing. I'm not sure if it's opensource, and I was wondering if it was possible to port over to the Pandora.

Their web site says:
COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2007 Soulseek, LLC All rights reserved.

I didn't see anything suggesting open source, just free to use. You could ask them to make a port (after all, with more ARM devices being made, it might be of more general use), and add it to the closed source ports thread.

My question is, can Itunes be ported to this?
That would be awesome!
But I don't think it can be...

Back