The Pandora Port Request Thread

icurafu said:
(...)
Lincity-ng (Sim city clone)
(...)
I did try to crosscompile it with openembedded for the beagleboard and it wasn't easy, but i managed to build the original lincity (didn't try to run it jet, but i saw it work on another machine)

maybe a lincity port would also be more appropriate for the low res of the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Lincity is awesome. I used to play it when i was like ten years old.

I am used to picodrive on psp and many other emulators on psp/ds and gba but up untill this point
i have never saw proper filter and scaling options implemented into these emulators so what i would
love to see more than any single emulator to be ported would be a standard scanline filter with variable
10 - 100% ,this i find after a basic blur effect makes games look fantastic and i think helps with smaller
displays.

The other thing is the ratio scaling for such games as the shooters that endup with black
borders at the left and right to acomodate being switched from side view ,what i would love
to see is a stretched option so you always get a full screen display.

Emulators i would like to see ported would be ....

Zsnes super nintendo
Snes TLY 9X if zsnes is not possible
Handy atari lynx
{E}mulator multi emulator pce cdrom
Tempest atari jaguar
pj64 1.7 n64
casini sega saturn (would be fast,not sure if cpu is compatible ,source is however available.
Modeler - sega system 32 - games such as arcade vr vf , sega rally ,daytona usa

Games i would like to see ported if possible ...

diablo
diablo 2
halflife
halflife engine mods
black & white
command & conquer
sega rally PC
sega rally 2 PC

i know that these games would have to be open source but what i dont
understand is ,i have the full complete halflife SDK including source code
binaries and tools,would this not mean the source is avail to port.

paddy said:
i know that these games would have to be open source but what i dont
understand is ,i have the full complete halflife SDK including source code
binaries and tools,would this not mean the source is avail to port.
SDK isn't the same as the source code. The SDK is used for making mods, so you'd still need the source code to port it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_development_kit

Any chance of the original deus ex being ported?

Ive googled and cant find anything about weather the source code is avalable or not.

Turnip - Have a look at the wikipedia entry for Deus Ex. Wikipedia is a great source of information that in most cases gives correct information. Sometimes a stupid troll will ruin all this, but you can still rely on most information from day to day.

Typically wikipedia entries for games would describe the release of source for a game, particualy one as significant as Deus Ex.

I didn't check, but I'm sure you will.

icurafu said:
Wikipedia is a great source of information that in most cases gives correct information.

:lol:

polkunus said:
PoisonedV said:
icurafu said:
Wikipedia is a great source of information that in most cases gives correct information.

:lol:
Miley Cirus is dead? really?

one time as a project in my undergrad course, we had to pick a wikipedia article and point out all the inaccuracies and outright lies.

AVOS is the Archos 605 OS. It is closed source, but there is a small group of hackers (no more than 10) that have made hacks for it and there are complete dumps floating around. The 605 runs on a TI ARM and has a DSP. Would it be technically possible for this to run on Pandora with modification?

I already posted this in the Non-gaming Apps thread, but will repeat it here, so perhaps someone else sees it:

What I would like to see ported is Giac/Xcas, a computer algebra system with lots of mathematical functions and libraries. Source is available, and there already is a ARM version available "for some PDA with Linux", so it might even run out of the box, hopefully...

The Author is the original author of the CAS of the HP49G calculators, so you know it's both powerful and efficient. It's like a portable Maple or Mathematica, and would make the Pandora one of the most powerful pocket calculators available. It also helps that it has compatible syntax to TI-89, maple and mupad.

http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/giac.html

n3rm76.jpg
2yx2mwh.png
dxg5fo.png
292vfrp.png
30szm0g.png
23tr3eo.png

you know, im glad i decided not to take that mathematical engineering course :|

You're just jealous cause he can make pretty shapes with numbers

Lol, I can code a Mandelbrot set :p .

Anyways, for now you could just use Sage math online for your computational needs.

hells_dark said:
Will there be an ssh client ?
Yes - if not at launch, it would certainly be one of the first things to be ported, but it'll almost certainly be available immediately.

more informitive than a req :>

theres alot of folks asking for xcom and seem a bit bummed that the dosbox version might be a bit iffy .. so i did a look around the net and outa what i found these seem to be the best prospects for a port

http://www.xforce-online.de/index.php

http://www.projectxenocide.com/index.html

http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/?page=Home

xforce is the most polished but its in german i think :>

the other 2 are in varying states..

all have a linux version and all have source available .. so least there might be some hope of a xcom esqe port of some sort someday :>

Back