The Pandora Port Request Thread

Chip said:
zevdawg said:
(and sorry to the mods - I didn't know you moved the post - I assumed it was all deleted and I had to make another post with appropriate content - most forums have a redirect link up for a day or two after the fact
This forum puts up redirect links for moved threads, but not merged ones. If there was a way I could leave redirects when merging threads (which I end up doing a lot) then I would. :)
You could always make a new thread quoting the first post from the deleted(merged) thread, with a link to the thread into which it has been merged to underneath, then instantly lock the new thread...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see NetStumbler or a clone type program on the Pandora. I think a lot of users would agree this would be useful for securing wireless networks, and :ph34r: war driving :ph34r: . (I do know that NetStumbler is closed source, so the best I can hope for is a clone)

CandidStan said:
I'd like to see NetStumbler or a clone type program on the Pandora. I think a lot of users would agree this would be useful for securing wireless networks, and :ph34r: war driving :ph34r: . (I do know that NetStumbler is closed source, so the best I can hope for is a clone)
Kismet?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure all such software requires the card to support monitor mode, and I think it's been confirmed that the wifi chip in the Pandora will not.
You could probably find a USB dongle that does, though.

Tom` said:
CandidStan said:
Kismet?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure all such software requires the card to support monitor mode, and I think it's been confirmed that the wifi chip in the Pandora will not.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/9558/

CandidStan said:
Tom` said:
CandidStan said:
Kismet?

$400 :blink: :eek: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Tom` said:
CandidStan said:
Tom` said:
CandidStan said:
Kismet?

$400 :blink: :eek: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Actually with that it comes with it's own software that can run on a Zaurus.

Not sure if I'm the first one to mention it.

I'd like to see an opensource mod/midi tracker ported to the Pandora.

Since the Pandora has a keyboard, it is a great feature to play/edit music with it!

kin said:
Not sure if I'm the first one to mention it.

I'd like to see an opensource mod/midi tracker ported to the Pandora.

Since the Pandora has a keyboard, it is a great feature to play/edit music with it!
MilkyTracker already has a GP2X port, and source is available, so I expect that to be ported almost immediately. :lol:

Is this possible? If so, how soon could we get to developing it? :D

Kaillera is... not that great.

The source of No One Lives Forever is avaliable

http://www.noonelivesforever.com/downloads/

But it's a DirectX game, must be ported to OpenGL ES, and although I'm a programmer and have experiencie building -homebrew- 3d engines, I can't understand the source code of this game. It have a very weird structure. And it's a Visual Studio project (I use linux, so no VS here)

EDIT: shit, licence is not open source:

(B) The Software may include "Source Code." "Source Code" is a feature which allows you to modify the Software or to construct new variations for use with it. These modifications and variations can be both playable and non-playable. Source Code isNOT public domain. You may not freely distribute it to any BBS, CD, floppy or any other media. You may not sell it or repackage it for sale.

EDIT2: Looks like I understood it wrong. The source is not public domain, but you can distribute the binaries:

v. Your Variations must be distributed solely for free. Neither you nor any other person or party may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for using them. You may exchange them at no charge among other end-users.

vi. By distributing or permitting the distribution of any of your Variations, you hereby grant back to Monolith Productions an irrevocable royalty-free right to use and distribute them by any means.

Someone that undestand licences can take a look and explain it? Can I port it or not?

EDIT3: more problems, seems like it depedens of DLL's which are the 3d engine and it doesn't have source avaliable

CDisplay Sequential Image Viewer or it's Linux equivalents

Comix, or Comical (will these work smoothly already?)

they are Comic book readers (.cbz, .cbr) meaning they look inside a specially renamed zip full of images.

Or at least some light weight program for viewing a sequence of images grouped together in a folder or a zip and sorting through them in alphabetical order and with some handy controls for zoom and scrolling through the images.

If there could be something like the hand tool (from Adobe pdf) that could work with the touch screen to drag images from side to side and up and down that would be great. If it is handy enough to change what part of a very large image you are looking at then it is like the screen is effectively bigger because you can use a bigger resolution with out to much hassle.

There may be a good enough program for Matchbox that will do the trick but I don't know.

I just know opening up gimp all the time obviously won't do the trick.

audovoice said:
CDisplay Sequential Image Viewer or it's Linux equivalents

Comix, or Comical (will these work smoothly already?)

they are Comic book readers (.cbz, .cbr) meaning they look inside a specially renamed zip full of images.

Or at least some light weight program for viewing a sequence of images grouped together in a folder or a zip and sorting through them in alphabetical order and with some handy controls for zoom and scrolling through the images.

great idea had forgoten about using i to read my comics!

I hope someone does release a version of one of the above.

I was thinking about that comic thing yesterday. Why would anyone want to read comics/mangas on such a little screen? I use Comix on my 17" TFT screen and the pages doesn't fit, I have to scroll, thing that I hate to do. On the Pandora's little screen, I'd have to do vertical and horizontal scroll a few times per page. No way. I'll continue reading Bleach on my 17" screen. Thanks :lol:

efegea said:
I was thinking about that comic thing yesterday. Why would anyone want to read comics/mangas on such a little screen? I use Comix on my 17" TFT screen and the pages doesn't fit, I have to scroll, thing that I hate to do. On the Pandora's little screen, I'd have to do vertical and horizontal scroll a few times per page. No way. I'll continue reading Bleach on my 17" screen. Thanks :lol:
You´d be surprised/scared how many people read comics (me included :p ) on their PSP´s (Usually lied down, at a good distance to avoid eye-strain)

PSP has a nice cbr comic book reader (PSPComic) that saves you the hassle of manual resizing (even with high resolution pics). Once you get used to it, scrolling isn´t a big deal.

But, as always, it depends on the comic itself (comics/mangas with small fonts or big panels can be specially bothersome)

I've used Comix on a number of different screen sizes and found it to work great. You can have the images fit to the window in any number of different ways. I usually have it fit to width because I don't mind scrolling, and on that setting things are still quite readable on my N800. Fitting the whole thing on such a small screen, even sideways, would push the limits of readability, IMO.

Back