The Pandora Port Request Thread

Audacity.

Also something like exifTool in the sense of a complete package if any.
I think people should strip their metadata from the audio and images at least in the executable if they have issues with the original files. Not that it would make a really big diference for everybody but i've seen graphics that had so much junk in them as they were almost double in size because noone though of optimizing them.
In the worst case we'll have more ram for other purposes.

I'll make a serious list and post it.

You know SMashGP for the GPX32 systems. Would it be possible to take that port it to the pandora while adding some soul calibur concepts to it. I like super smash brothers and all, the only thing I think that gets annoying is you can only move left of right on the map. While in soul calibur you can fight on a map that is sort of open to some extent. Anyone game for this?

Edit: Heres a link to source code download page: http://membres.lycos.fr/matkeupon/

ninjamonkey said:
You know SMashGP for the GPX32 systems. Would it be possible to take that port it to the pandora while adding some soul calibur concepts to it. I like super smash brothers and all, the only thing I think that gets annoying is you can only move left of right on the map. While in soul calibur you can fight on a map that is sort of open to some extent. Anyone game for this?
I know of SmashGP, and of the GP32, and of the GP2X. :p

Anyhow, if the source code is available, it's possible to port it - it would have been helpful if you had sought it out and provided a link to it. :p (For any interested parties, since I had some free time, it seems to be here.)

That said, it sounds like your idea might be something that would need making from scratch, to me. :p

(I hope SmashGP does get a port. I've never gotten to play it before. :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
audovoice said:
I guess I am just hoping for a program that you could open up make some music on in a straight forward way with out reading a book first, using a preexisting set of samples, or typing in cryptic stuff into a tracker to get basic stuff done like you know volume. I suppose an Audacity/ Renoise-or-MilkyTracker is your best bet for dicking around with music on the go but I wish there was a better option for playing instruments along the lines of vsti (or one of the less common other modular instrument formats) and then recording the notes that it makes. But maybe I am just being a tool.
It may never see the light of day(especially as I can't afford a Pandora, but I might make it even if I never get one), but I'm planning something hopefully a bit like this. It will let you just directly draw samples onto the touch screen(or load a preset), and then use a simple sequencer to sequence the samples.

Similar to this software(it works in wine if you're on linux):
http://www.cuttermusic.com/productsSC1.htm

Hi All,

So I stumbled across the below in the GP32x site and, though I hate to admit it, a little bit of wee escaped in my excitement :D

I'm hoping this means this is possible/likely on Pandora if they have a working version on the 2x?

Thanks.

[GP2X] X-com: Ufo Defense V1.0.0
submitted by M-HT @ (23:43) 11 Jan 2009

Hi,

the final version of X-COM: UFO Defense for the GP2X is finished.

All thanks for the touchscreen support (and complaints about it) go to Senor Quack.

A bit of warning - music playing is slowing things down more than expected. The worst place is the intro. I can't get it to run smoothly with music playing no matter what.

List of changes:
* renamed configuration file UFO.cfg to Ufo.cfg
+ working intro
+ added a sync call after saving a game
+ working sound
+ working music

changes by Senor Quack:
+ F200 touchscreen support for both left and right-handed users.
+ Battlefield scrolling and geoscape rotation macros.
+ Battlefield "View Level Up/Down" macros.
+ Geoscape "Zoom In/Out" macros.
* More flexible button remapping.
* Few minor bug fixes: Cursor movement no longer sticks when game is paused and cursor is moving.
+ Made sample and music volumes independantly adjustable
+ Added direct adjustment of GP2X volume through /dev/mixer

X-COM: UFO Defense v1.0.0 on the gp2x archive

Hello everyone...
Anyone here ever heard about Little Big Adventure (1994) and LBA2 (1997)?
I haven't played LBA1 yet but LBA2 is quite nice, I'd love to see at least one of them on Pandora :p

There still is an active community around those games and a few others: MagicBall.net

LBA1 is now abandonware, but its engine has been re-written for Win32, and more recently there have been two open-source projects to make a cross-platform game engine for it:
Twin-E, dead since 2005, never reached a playable state
LBA-prequel : open-source prequel to LBA1, active but very few devs. Not-yet-completed game engine ( 'Prequengine') meant to be compatible with the original one, but GPL'ed and cross-platform, based on bits of code from Twin-E and reverse engineering.

There might be some LBA2 engine rewrite too somewhere on the net, I'm not sure about that one; it works perfectly in Wine, however that wouldn't do for Pandora.

Who knows, if anyone wanted to help the Prequengine project, we might get two more nice games on Pandora (LBA1 and LBA-Prequel) sometime before next year... :rolleyes:

EDIT: oops, had forgotten about this thread. Thanks for merging my post with it.
EDIT2: I've just downloaded and tried the original LBA. Nice graphics, especially for a 1994 game. Plays almost the same way as LBA2.

honestly, I seriously doubt it... besides, why not just use kaillera? im sure a good portion of the emulators will have it.

SCRATCH THAT...
How do I get started?

1. Install .NET Framework 3.5
2. Create an account
3. If using FireFox, Install the FFClickOnce plugin
4. Launch the 2DF FreePlay Client
just from using it, it's heavily dependent, probably near completely, on microsoft sdk and framework.
Of course, maybe you could ask Microsoft to port .net framework :rolleyes:

This is an game idea more than it is a port. I've recently found this game called kurok PSP. Since I know it is based off an n64 game called turok (dinosaur hunter game). What I was thinking is someone could get a team together and since that game by MDave (I believe) he made it open source. The idea is someone could use his engine, and port it, but dualy making an pandora port of goldeneye with online multiplayer. Anyone like the idea?

ninjamonkey said:
This is an game idea more than it is a port. I've recently found this game called kurok PSP. Since I know it is based off an n64 game called turok (dinosaur hunter game). What I was thinking is someone could get a team together and since that game by MDave (I believe) he made it open source. The idea is someone could use his engine, and port it, but dualy making an pandora port of goldeneye with online multiplayer. Anyone like the idea?
Oh that one game you might of seen in my sig? ;) I don't mind a a team doing what you suggested, but the reality of it is, unlikely. If it were Halo though, on the other hand ...

The source code of Rise of the Triad is available, is anyone working on porting it to the OP, or is anyone thinking about doing so? That's one that we absolutely need to do... It should work in dosbox, but it would work a lot better natively..... I think someone ported it to SDL already.....

http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
Would Apache be able to be recompiled to support the Pandora?

I would Totally buy a few of these if I could turn it into a portal Dev machine - moreso if I could then use it to adhoc itself to share its internal webserver out there.. so many possibilities.

Back