The Telcolou Disappearance

ste_167 said:
Where did he go? So sudden, so odd. Will he be back in 2010...?
I cant be totally certain since he left a while ago, but pretty sure he was called to active duty (military)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
I cant be totally certain since he left a while ago, but pretty sure he was called to active duty (military)
I seem to remember him saying that before he left too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it was the military, from what i could gather he was a fifty year old pot head who hated the man. My guess would be that he re-registered with a different name and posts regularly.

edit: he has posted here http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm in the last month so maybe he just hates us all.

how come it says he's unregistered? has his account been deleted of the forums DB, or something?

He's always on the PSP spot forums. I tried PMing him, but no reply. This was about a year ago.

Not on active duty as he was a middle aged dude. Plus like I said, he's on PSP spot all the time.

Still unsolved, im afraid. I might try PMing him again.

Would be interesting if you could contact him. I'd imagine he quite enjoys the air of mystery about his vanishing act! There didn't appear to be any lead up to him doing it, did there? He seemed amicable with everyone.

farewellparty.jpg

Ah, i don't believe that. (edited for clarification- not the post directly above, the other one)
telcolou was one of the few people i remember, though, from when i first came here

"I've been called back to base, and must leave immediately. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your invaluable help with our project ...

Take care, and we'll see you all 2010"

He's joking, I'm pretty certain. Trying to make it sound like he's a martian :ph34r:

Still not sure why he unregistered.

If you look on one of the original big Pandora threads, he posted in the first page about not likeing it. Maybe he just went back to psp since he posts there and not here. Probably not true but just a thought since he left right when the Pandora rumors were arriving.

Given that he was an active member here, hadn't had any fallings out with anyone (or not that I know of anyway), and shortly after that message, asked Hando to have his account removed (hence why it says unregistered), I'd guess something pressing really did pull him away from here.

I'd always assumed it was something military, though that doesn't necessarily stand... there are, after all, a number of members who post regularly from army barracks and the like, I'm fairly sure. Which might imply that it's actually something more covert than that. Conspiracy theories abound.

Perhaps he was a paid advertiser, paid to make friendly on a forum then sell stuff to them!?

The military employ more than soldiers, perhaps with his interest in technology, he is an Engineer / programmer for the military. Perhaps on a ship / distance tropical island airbase / area 51? Who knows. :D

If he is posting elsewhere (and it is certainly him) then I have no idea what we did to upset him.

He was one of the only other members that had had an 8-bit Atari computer. ;)

Ha! I know what happened to him, and I will probably have to do the same. But it is funny reading you all guessing!

No one is even close!

Would "I Shot TelcoLou" shirts sell like hotcakes here or what?

Jesus, lubi, you bastard, you can't just put something like that.

Anyway, I think telco was the physical entity of the GP2X's soul, and as we lost interest in the flawed machine, the GP2X and thus the supernatural entity behind it died a little, causing lou's dissappearance.

WE killed him, thats why he left, and that's why he wasn't fond of the pandora...

Whether he is or not, no one can know for sure....and thats what worries me greatly.

Back