theSCENE Magazine Reviews OpenPandora

I'm adding this to the User Reviews Aggregation Thread - thanks for providing this!

Welcome to the Pandora community.

That was a nice review. A good and clear summary of the devices capabilities.

I can highly recommend purchasing a Pandora. However, do keep in mind that the team is currently switching board production from Texas to Germany and that process is cause of some temporary slowdown in production. Those next few weeks might take a bit longer.

Welcome to the Pandora community.

That was a nice review. A good and clear summary of the devices capabilities.

I can highly recommend purchasing a Pandora. However, do keep in mind that the team is currently switching board production from Texas to Germany and that process is cause of some temporary slowdown in production. Those next few weeks might take a bit longer.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I need to do a bit of browsing to find out some more info on OpenPandora, and figure out exactly what I'd use it for, I definitely want one though.

Unless you can find a person who is willing to sell you their pandora that is.
Yes, good point. We actually have a section dedicated to trading. So anyone who is in a hurry might try his or her luck there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playstation emulation: FAIL

Every game I tried crashed before reaching any playable areas. Do not buy a Pandora for portable PlayStation emulation.

Uh, what? Did they ever seek help with this problem? A quick glance at any of the Playstation threads would have surely set them on the right path. I've played at least 100+ titles (and counting) with little to no issues.

Every game I tried crashed before reaching any playable areas. Do not buy a Pandora for portable PlayStation emulation.

Uh, what? Did they ever seek help with this problem? A quick glance at any of the Playstation threads would have surely set them on the right path. I've played at least 100+ titles (and counting) with little to no issues.

Well he reviewed quite a few emulation systems, so perhaps he got this one wrong. I'll refer him to this thread and see if it helps....we'll re-evaluate it, and edit it if necessary. Thanks for the feedback

Indeed, PSX emulation is one of the best, and most-polished, things available on the system.

From what little info is present in that quote, it sounds as though HLE mode might have been left on, to me. That's a frequent cause of that behaviour (one time I even managed to confuse myself into thinking something wasn't working, when in fact I had forgotten to change this setting :lol: ).

I wish he listed what emulators he used for each listing (a version number wouldn't hurt either).. that'd be a lot more helpful for people following his review.

I wish he listed what emulators he used for each listing (a version number wouldn't hurt either).. that'd be a lot more helpful for people following his review.

That's a great comment, I'll get with him and get the information. I'll hyperlink them all on the website to their threads or sites as well. Thanks man!

Nice Article. But first an important thing: do not use outdated Renderings please. :) This is just confusing. The 2. Image is not up to date: http://readthescene....ndora_thumb.jpg

Somewhere there is a bunch of official press Photos in High Def, ED knows more, I have actualy no clue were these Pix can be found, but they exist. ^^ (And I hope they are Up to Date )

EDIT: Power Save Mode is actualy 125 MHz and not 10 like written in the Article.

And Windows DOES run on the Pandora. ;) Some guys in our german Forum play around with QEMU and WIN95 seems to work pretty well. Age of Empires seems to run almost playable but I havn't tested it since you need more work than just installing a QEMU PND and throw Win over it, sadly. ^^

EDIT2: I'm not into PSX emulation but I know that PSX runs pretty well on Pandora, our Experts can confirm this. So you should really test it before writing: "Every game I tried crashed before reaching any playable areas. Do not buy a Pandora for portable PlayStation emulation."

I guess it is just a Settings thing, there are alot of options in the PSX Emu. ;)

We looked for updated images, I was compiling all the images (long process, lol) and I must have missed it. Thanks buddy, I'll see if we can get this updated quickly. As the title of our website states, "Unprofessional Journalism at its best" -- sometimes we don't get it right, so we'll fix it if we don't!

Nice review and I would agree with the suggestions that others have said.

I'd also suggest you let people know of what speed you had the Pandora running at; if it was constantly at it's default 500mhz speed or being over clocked for individual programs (especially when it comes to emulation).

One of the best articles I've read about the Pandora so far though :)

Good Idea, Thanks. ^^

Would be good if these Pix are at the press section of Openpandora.org, at least somewhere where they are easy to find.

Back