think we could get Dark Alex interested in Pandora?

the topic pretty much says it all.. Dark Alex(of PSP fame..) is quite talented, he would surely be a great asset to the community, and with Pandora he wouldn't have to keep fighting against any stupid firmware lockouts which, I believe, are what burnt him out in the first place.

the topic pretty much says it all.. Dark Alex(of PSP fame..) is quite talented, he would surely be a great asset to the community, and with Pandora he wouldn't have to keep fighting against any stupid firmware lockouts which, I believe, are what burnt him out in the first place.

Didn't dark alex just do firmware hacks?

Didn't dark alex just do firmware hacks?

well..yea, I guess so, but wouldn't that speak well of his ability to do other software-related stuff..?

By the way, if my question is terribly dumb, I apologize. I don't really have the ability to contribute in a meaningful way to this project(aside from buying a Pandora) as I have no idea how to write any software, I'm not even very comfortable with a command line interface. :unsure:

While I wonder what exactly he would do if he had a Pandora in hand, I don't think it's a dumb suggestion. If he was so good wit the PSP firmware, he might be equally helpful to ED an Notaz and such with OS optimizations and maybe tapping into DSP and other stuff not yet implemented. The big question is whether or not he'd even want to. I would think if he did he would have already been hanging around here.

When you see some people like these, it's natural to want them to hop over to whatever platform your on, just to see what they come up with. After using so many ZX-81 emu's on PSP, I was delighted to see he came along to this project as well as Exophase. When you make a name for yourself like these people do, you want them to stay a part of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
He does know about Pandora since I already spoke with him about it. But I don't think he's interested as far as I remember.

unless he goes for a psp emu with jayfox, i dont see him any better than many other talented coders

It would be cool if the whole M-33 team came over, Fanjita, Yoshihiro, there's a long list of talent over there. But, like Poem58 said, there are a few that reside here now. Heh, ask Exophase if he can invite them, maybe he has LAN parties with all those guys, lol!

DA did a lot for the PSP's homebrew scene, I'll give him that. But, seeing how he was generally focused on exploits in firmware and designing custom firmware that further broke the security on the PSP I don't see what the allure the Pandora would have for him.

DA did a lot for the PSP's homebrew scene, I'll give him that. But, seeing how he was generally focused on exploits in firmware and designing custom firmware that further broke the security on the PSP I don't see what the allure the Pandora would have for him.
Exactly, with no security to break, the challenge isn't there, so what would be the appeal. While he may be capable of doing neat things, many others have that talent as well and the Pandora is probably about as interesting to him as any standard Linux PC.

Back