Thinkgeek

TadMSTR

Still Fresh
I was just curious if any attempts were made to distribute through www.thinkgeek.com as they currently sell the Digoo A320 and the GP32x WIZ. I was contemplating getting one of them but after doing some research found the Pandora. I've actually heard of the Pandora before, believe it was on slashdot. Anyway, the Pandora is far superior to the two handhelds that thinkgeek sells. Maybe something can be worked out so larger batches can be produced thereby lowering costs of the product to the consumer.

I really hope the Pandora project lives on. Hopefully see a hardware refresh down the road.

wow. making larger batches of pandoras, what a crazy-insane idea! we should really forward this to craig and ed

wow. making larger batches of pandoras, what a crazy-insane idea! we should really forward this to craig and ed

That sounds very sarcastic. I was just pointing out that Thinkgeek may be interested in something like this and was curious if anyone had spoken to them. I know this project has limited resources and I don't mind having to wait for a console. However, not everyone wants to wait and finding a partner of some sorts for financial backing may be beneficial. I really hope this project survives.

Well, we haven't spoken to any big distributors yet, as we're still fighting with production.

Once it's fast, reliable and predictable, it's a nice idea, but until then, a no-go I guess.

Please don't troll new members! Correct answer would be welcome, and explain why it's not possible right now. Like ED did. Otherwise we just look like a community full of dicks.

Please don't troll new members! Correct answer would be welcome, and explain why it's not possible right now. Like ED did. Otherwise we just look like a community full of dicks.

I don't judge the group based on one person's need to be a dick. I'm a member on the CyanogenMOD forums and help out there when I can. I figured a respectable person would jump in. Thanks.

my opinions do not reflect those of the open pandora team, please do not judge me based on EvilDragons kindness :p

but why would anyone buy handhelds from thinkgeek? they mark up the price too much (to the point where a dingoo is cheaper to import from the us)

Last edited by a moderator:
but why would anyone buy handhelds from thinkgeek? they mark up the price too much (to the point where a dingoo is cheaper to import from the us)
there's a reliability factor... when you are a buyer abroad, stuff like site brand matters...

also, it's so famous among nerds (public!) it could be a hell of a good place to promote the pandora, actually

ok well might as well put up the playstation 5 on thinkgeek, im sure it would sell as well, problem is the product just isnt there to be sold

Ah! I remember when I was first trolled when I asked obvious questions. Those were the days. Back when I thought I was going to have my panda before Christmas...

Thinkgeek is American, right? Does this mean i can haz FCC compliance testings?

Yeah, my concerns were cleared up during the last discussion on it. But it was mentioned FCC compliance would become an obstacle if there happened to be a U.S. distributor. Would that apply in this case?

Yeah, my concerns were cleared up during the last discussion on it. But it was mentioned FCC compliance would become an obstacle if there happened to be a U.S. distributor. Would that apply in this case?

FCC compliance completely slipped my mind. Are there similar organizations in Europe? I'm guessing since the Pandora is privately made this is not an issue?

^ There are the CE requirements over here, which the Pandora has passed. These are also recognised by several countries outside of Europe.

I seem to recall it being said, although I do not have any links to hand right now, that the testing folks said something to the effect of the paperwork being sufficient to prove it complies with the FCC regulations. Again, I stress that I have no links to hand for this right now, so there is a chance that I could be misremembering some vital detail or other.

I could only find posts to the effect that passing CE would give it a high (some posts said definite) chance of passing any FCC inquiries. I also ended up going through several flame wars, frozen behind the glass. Those were ugly times. I'm sorry I even brought it up.

When I was writing my post, I kind of thought that it might recall such spectres. :lol:

Anyway, at least I wasn't entirely imagining it. :p

Well, as soon as production is stable and if ThinkGeek is interested selling it, there's nothing stopping us to just get the official papers.

As long as there is no US based seller, it doesn't make sense paying 7.000 EUR just for some official FCC papers... it's sold in Europe, and CE is enough here.

I have such a better answer to this question. Just haven't received an answer to mine.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

PS Saw a license plate holder from ThinkGeek.com today, do we really want someone like this distributing the Pandora? Anyone remember Spencers from the mall?

Back