This Site Needs To Keep Its Files Updated

jcbnetwork

Website
Visit site
This Site [Needs] To Keep Its Files Updated

Why is it that GP Bios, nor the European firmware, nor the Beta European firmware are listed on the download section under "Firmware Updates" ?

Also, in the "Development" download section, how about a link to DevKitAdv or Mr. Mirko's SDK ?

What about the FREE GP Cinema, can I download it on this site?

And yes, I know all these files can be found using the search function, and finding their respective posts and following the links, but since this site offers a download section, how about keeping it up to date and organized?

Are you paying to use this website? How about you appreciate that Hando and others do this in their spare time, for free, and stop making demands?

(gee, sounds like the exact same response given to those demanding updates on emulators, etc.)

Uhm... I disagree, people browsing the downloads section are going to get the wrong idea about what games the GP32 offers and whether or not there are new releases. Nobody should be expected to use the forums as a primitive downloads collection.

However, Hando is one of the few who actively edits it, and he has a lot of time used up already by news posting. You were also quite blunt in your questions, and came off rude. I don't think that's the best way to get things done. Perhaps you should volunteer to help with the site if you want it to change so much.

Although the downloads section seems important, as far as I know we have not recieved requests like yours before. Clearly people care more about the forums and news than downloads, so it has been placed in low-priority. I'm sure Hando has it in mind to update the section soon, but once again, if you feel impatient I recommend you offer to do it yourself.

Finally - I don't see why you posted this request here instead of e-mailing it to Hando, unless you were just hoping lots of people would agree with you. You are asking to be flamed.

Would it be possible for hando to assign someone as an extreme team member purely with the task of overhauling the download section?

until recently i merely visited gp32spain.com for all my downloads, now however its member only who can access the archives.

between zophar.net, gbax.com, gp32news.com, pdroms.com and this site you can find pretty much anything your looking for!

yay, he sayd he dont want to put the new files on gp32x but want to amke a link section couse gp32x allready creates more than a gig traffic a day

stfu47.jpg

Why do people always ASSUME that you are DEMANDING things?

I in no way am demanding anything, I am not paying to access gp32x so the owners/webmasters can do what ever they want with their site and I have no right to demand anything.

My post was merely a SUGGESTION on how the site can be improved.

I use the front page news to keep up on the latest and greatest, but would like to the links that are in the D/L section kept up to date. It seems some have been dead for awhile. Not a demand, just a request. I will not lose any sleep or lose all desire for life if it isn't done. ;) It would be helpful for people that don't visit as often to have everything in the D/L section or atleast linked, but this can be very time consuming.

Why do people always ASSUME that you are DEMANDING things?

I in no way am demanding anything, I am not paying to access gp32x so the owners/webmasters can do what ever they want with their site and I have no right to demand anything.

My post was merely a SUGGESTION on how the site can be improved.
Er, "This Site Needs To Keep Its Files Updated" is fairly demanding...

Maybe instead of Needs you could have put Should or phrased it, "It would be nice if..."

Writing the title of the thread in capitalized words and including the word Needs IS demanding - not a suggestion...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a nice idea about that... jcb, if you don't like the way it's handled, just rent some webspace (maybe 200mb is enough) with unlimited/enough traffic and host that stuff for hando, gp32x and all of us? Don't ask what GP32x can do for you, ask what YOU can do for GP32x!

Well, i have to admit that download section is pain in my ass :/ Actually i am trying update download section once a week or two. Some of the files (the ones which doesnt have own homepage) are available for download from our server, the rest are just links to their homepages. I think it is quite good solution as it doesnt generate so much traffic. Programs in download section are mostly updated to the newest version. Of course I can miss some releases, because i am only human. I made a separate post asking for help with bad urls and old versions. Some of you posted some links and thats all. I fixed them all but since download section is big, and there are a lot of new releases I still need help. The bad new is that i cant pass updating files to someone else because my file manager simply sucks and it would be very hard to use it for someone who doesnt know how the scripts work (there is no GUI or stuff ;)) Anyway, I keep it in my all the time, so maybe one day you will wake up and there will be a new, updated and beautifull download section.... hehehe we will see :)

The bandwidth is also a consideration, evidently. JCB sorry but you came off like you were frustrated and almost expecting the links to be updated, not like it was a suggestion. It wasn't just me who drew that conclusion. Sorry, anyway. I don't think I was hard on you compared to other posters.

how about a few forum users get together and each tackle a section of the download urm section...

i'd happily volunteer a few hours between revision to pour over some of the links and research any updates etc, however without organisation handos merely going to be sent a load of disorganised and possibly overlapping stuff.

anyone interested?

Are you paying to use this website? How about you appreciate that Hando and others do this in their spare time, for free, and stop making demands?

(gee, sounds like the exact same response given to those demanding updates on emulators, etc.)
this does happen to be a suggestions thread, he was helping hando to make his site better. This section has been made so the site improves, even though it does kick ass! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back