Ti-99 Roms?

blakespot

Still Fresh
MESS on the GP2X supports the TI-99/4A. Hopefully it runs it faster than its Apple II "driver," thought it's a more complex system, so I've few hopes there.

Anyway, I currently own my very own (and 3rd) TI-99/4A system in the ole Byte Cellar, with carts a-plenty. As such, it's legal for me to be running around w/ ROM images for it. So...where can I find some. Search as I may, I cannot find ANY.

Parsec, Munchman, Tombstone City - must find! Thanks.

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 27 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
MESS on the GP2X supports the TI-99/4A. Hopefully it runs it faster than its Apple II "driver," thought it's a more complex system, so I've few hopes there.

Anyway, I currently own my very own (and 3rd) TI-99/4A system in the ole Byte Cellar, with carts a-plenty. As such, it's legal for me to be running around w/ ROM images for it. So...where can I find some. Search as I may, I cannot find ANY.

Parsec, Munchman, Tombstone City - must find! Thanks.

blakespot

You can't ask for ROMS here ... even if they're considered abandonware. Also, I left my '2X at home or else I'd send you all the games I have via e-mail ... if I remember, I'll hook you up come the 'morrow, just send me a PM :)

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS

lol2232 posted on Jul 27 2006 at 10:49 PM said:
do you guys know where to get roms?

I do ... and I've acquired several thousand of 'em ... most reside on my SD card ATM :)

I've got the ROM from my Sanyo MBC-555 computer... not much in it though - a keyboard mapping table, a video character table, and a boot sector loader. Not even a BIOS, even though it has an 8088 CPU.

BradN posted on Jul 27 2006 at 10:58 PM said:
I've got the ROM from my Sanyo MBC-555 computer... not much in it though - a keyboard mapping table, a video character table, and a boot sector loader. Not even a BIOS, even though it has an 8088 CPU.
Ah, the MBC-555 had an interesting 8-color mode. A version of the excellent game Time Bandit existed for it, taking advantage of the mode. It was kind of an IBM PC compatible-ish machine - not nearly "a clone."

I remember the unit was sold at the same Singer sewing machine store where I purchased my TI-99/4A back in 1982.

blakespot

Yeah, it's certainly a strange beast. I actually wrote a BIOS for it to run FreeDOS (which works, and I even hacked in some rijndael disk encryption goodness). One of these days I'll throw up a webpage with some technical info + NASM bios source.

Shikaku posted on Jul 27 2006 at 05:57 PM said:
YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ROMS

It's like you're trying to say something, but I can't figure out what.

While you may actually have tons of roms, I could just as easily have come on here and said I did.
I think were allowed to tell you to use google though :p

i have a TI-99/4A and i cant believe how terrible the controls are, why cant TI map out good keys. anyways, i never knew that you could play old TI games on the gp2x, i love it even more now. dont ask for roms, that is a bad idea.

thejoeandchip posted on Jul 28 2006 at 03:29 AM said:
i have a TI-99/4A and i cant believe how terrible the controls are, why cant TI map out good keys. anyways, i never knew that you could play old TI games on the gp2x, i love it even more now. dont ask for roms, that is a bad idea.

My very First computer, I wanted an atari 400 but they where out and the salesman talked me into it (hey I was like 12)... not to bad a computer actually if you had about $1000 for the addon box, oh and $2-300 for each addon card.

I did love HUNT THE WUMPUS though!

Clok

clok posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:34 AM said:
My very First computer, I wanted an atari 400 but they where out and the salesman talked me into it (hey I was like 12)... not to bad a computer actually if you had about $1000 for the addon box, oh and $2-300 for each addon card.

I did love HUNT THE WUMPUS though!

Clok

It was my first computer too. I remember I got to pick from the Best Co. catalog between it and the Commodore 64 and the Atari 400. I almost got the 400. The C64 was too ugly for my taste. :)

Sadly, I'd have been better off with either the C= or Atari, I guess. They quit making it right after I got it on Xmas 1982.

blakespot

Back