Tiny Pyra Prototype video

Hmmmm abusing the backlight LEDs as a game mechanic?
I like that idea. Instantly got the image of flickering lights inside and a flickering backlight outside a game when I read that.

I suppose it'd be too expensive, but will it be possible to control the backlight of each key separately?
No, because there aren't individual backlights for each key.   The backlight LEDs are placed at regular intervals around the board and light up all the keys around them.

-Neelix
Ah, yes. Should've watched the video more closely. But being able to control parts of the backlight separately is still more than I had hoped for :)

Thanks for the Video ED, good to see Pyra has stopped crying :)

Really liking the look & layout of the RGB Leds :)

Can't wait to see the first working prototype of a complete system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can already see the Pyra bling bling edition where every key has an own LED and people code all sorts of funky stuff for it

- and to think, that the first five or so times I mentioned the need for a keyboard backlight most people weren't really interested... ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being able to see the keyboard was one of my first issues with my Pandora, and started me on the bad habit of tilting the screen down to find some things.

Looking at the led trio with the power button in the middle, I wonder wether there are measures in place (or planned to be) that hinder light from one led "pollute the others" ? An extreme case I can think of is that one configures one LED to blink red to indicate some sort of event. If that triggers and the led starts blinking red, may a user be in the situation that he can't tell anymore if only that certain event happened or if coincidentally the Pyra also signals a low battery, due to light also beeing visible through the power button ?

Back