Tone Dialer

seen12

Still Fresh
It should be easy to slap to gather, and maybe it could get integrated into that new address book app. It be rad to have a full red box style program.

lawndart said:
It should be easy to slap to gather, and maybe it could get integrated into that new address book app. It be rad to have a full red box style program.
You do know that ACTS tones haven't worked since 1995, right? And that even if they did, red boxes are illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
lawndart said:
You do know that ACTS tones haven't worked since 1995, right? And that even if they did, red boxes are illegal.

Ya I know the ACTS tones don't work but in very few cases , but any ways it be cool to be able to place call from a list of saved names and phone #'s, using you head phones to dial.

i quickly threw some ugly code together, but when i wanted to compile it i noticed that im lacking some libs, maybe i get back at it tomorrow.

well took me a bit longer couse of sa stupid sdl "bug", here it is not sure if it works as expected thou.
Download
edit: here is a newer version which has a cleaned up code and now uses a sine generator (huge thanks to A_SN) instead of .wav files.

Vimacs said:
well took me a bit longer couse of sa stupid sdl "bug", here it is not sure if it works as expected thou.
Download

Cool, my phone handset just stopped working, this will be useful (till I get to Argos for a new phone!)
Just need a way to store strings to play back now, make it even more useful ;)

Would the source code be available by any chance? (Not that I'm lazy or anything, just never used the SDL sound before ;) )

Thanks

the source is quite dirty at the moment.... if i find the time i post it after i cleaned it up a bit.
I also already thought about building a basic address book like thingee around it for usefulness.
If you don't mind the dirty code i can send it to you thou...

Vimacs said:
the source is quite dirty at the moment.... if i find the time i post it after i cleaned it up a bit.
I also already thought about building a basic address book like thingee around it for usefulness.
If you don't mind the dirty code i can send it to you thou...

Go on then, I want to get my head started in C++ again. Time to "infect" this VB.NET machine with some down home C++ :)
Address book thingy was the sort of idea I had as well, although the word "keyboard" kept springing to mind when I did that... In the Cradle for data entry, then useful on the move perhaps?

I just tried it out, fast and simple, you should put some kind of art work on the the screen of the gp2x in the background to jazz it up a bit, like a old phone company logo, or some kind off spoof on said logo. Just a Idea, thanks :)

I just tried it out, fast and simple, you should put some kind of art work on the the screen of the gp2x in the background to jazz it up a bit, like a old phone company logo, or some kind off spoof on said logo. Just a Idea, thanks :)

Back