Transport Tycoon Deluxe

Spaz O Mataz

Still Fresh
Website
www.spaz-o-mataz.tk
Transport tycoon has an open source engine Now. it was wrote by someone who is working on Scummvm. the stats look canny good so far!

Transport Tycoon Deluxe DOS requires a 25MHz or higher processor and at least 4Mb RAM running Windows 95. You must also have a SVGA monitor capable of 640x480 in 256 colours. Microsoft MS-DOS version 5 for the DOS version.

the open source versions called OpenTTD it required certain files from the game to run and works quit well. all someone needs to do is do a few hack to the source and we've got a Transport tycoon Deluxe on GP32. all be you need the game to play.

heres the web site http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=29. it's a forum but it tells you all you need to know

well, how many people would enjoy this game? i know it is possible but why make something if you dont knwo if alot of people like it?
i know that washo likes it cus he said he did. but it would be good if someone made a poll to see how many people would like this game. then whoever would want to port it over just do it if alot of people like it. and that thing takes up barely any procesing power.

yes, this is a kickass-title
however, i think most ppl like it or would like it if they knew it (how many ppl like the sim city-series? it's somewhat of similar (expect TTD is better :D))

would be really nice to see this on my beloved gp32 (which now finally gets power from my mobile phone-akku :D)

the_Diabologic

ok, just to say im trying to port openttd right now...
dont hope to high, maybe its never going to works and i'll have lost my time for nothing... (the resolution problem...) if any of u has an idea for this issue, ur comments are welcome
dont hope a release before end of april... maybe for the gbax contest
ill keep u informed of any success or failure

loki: I would say the best way around the resolution problem is to either half the graphics size or change the layout. the subsedies(sp?) come up and you carn't click them off aswell. all boxes should be smaller to fit on the screen. If there was a piece of code to srink everything by half that should help the screen size. I was looking at this game and trying to figure out how to get it to work and thats the only way. change the mouse control to the gp joystick and put a virtual keyboard in to give you everything you really need. I just don't know how to code very well or i'd do this myself. but i'm giving it a try!

I would think the graphics are all saved as sprite and tile sets. All you need to do is use a decent paint package to half the tile/sprite sizes and then get an artist to tweak the results until they look ok. Any half decent Pixel Pusher should be able to do that for you you just need to get one interested.

This'll be amazing if it can be ported!

And I can annoy my friend by playing it whilst his XP machine cannot. :D

Back