Transport Tycoon Deluxe

EdZ: The Idea behind openttd is that you CAN play it on windows. it has been totally recoded to work in windows. all you need for that is the windows files which you can get easily looking round the ttd forums tt-forums.net

Loki666: how did you get around the resolution problem i'm quite curious as that can be used to get around other games aswell. also what errors are comming up for the sdl problem cause I think there are specific code that the gp32 sdl doesn't understand so a few hacks are probbably needed here. but nyway hope you keep me updated on how it's working cause I was going to give this a shot when i got the gp32sdl working and found a way around the size. I have been talking to the openttd programmers and they are willing to help the port if you get in tuch with them.

If anyone else is interested in this game there site is www.openttd.com and has the latest source code in an SVN which is easy to get with programs

okay some more infos...

as i said the sdl module didnt compile yet... wich means i didnt have any working version yet
actually, even my SDL lib is broken (im using ADS 1.2 and actual SDL port for the GP32 was targetted for GCC)
for the scaling issue... i was thnking of an on-the-fly scale down for each frames, but it surely going to slow down.
so if any of you could look at the openttd gfx resource files, and see if it is possible to extract the sprites with some tools, we could the scale down the sprites before loading them in openttd

maybe i'm going to contact the openttd programmers, but i first need to fix my sdl lib

umhh... sorry to say but the project is aborted/delayed
i've allready 2 project in the pipe (MIDP port and RTEMS port) and i dont have enought time, so for now i've stopped the openttd project :(
sorry guys

A homebrew strategy game (none action) is a good idea.... nothing better for long journies... atm I play super sim city and it lasts hours... although when the battries run out its soooooo annoying :'(

Back