.trash-1000

splatbert

Still Fresh
What is with the Trash-1000 directory? whenever I try to delete it, it turns and error. If it is not supposed to exist, how do I fix it?

splatbert said:
What is with the Trash-1000 directory? whenever I try to delete it, it turns and error. If it is not supposed to exist, how do I fix it?

I suspect you are using Linux and chose DELETE or hit the DELETE key to remove your files. The Trash-1000 is a "trashcan" Linux creates.

To just delete the files directly, hit <SHIFT><DELETE> when deleting files. You can just remove the Trash-1000 directory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwrd said:
splatbert said:

I suspect you are using Linux and chose DELETE or hit the DELETE key to remove your files. The Trash-1000 is a "trashcan" Linux creates.

To just delete the files directly, hit <SHIFT><DELETE> when deleting files. You can just remove the Trash-1000 directory.

Thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately, the shift-delete didn't work either. Any other suggestions?

trooper said:
What version and revision of linux are you using ?, Ubuntu, Mint, Gentoo, 7.10, 8.04, 8.10 etc ?.

Trooper

I'm running Ubuntu distro: 9.04

I use Linux Mint (Based off ubuntu) quite often (Dualboot with XP) and have never suffered this problem, So i did a quick google and found this quote from DirtDawg (2nd post) here.

I can now see why i have never suffered this problem in Mint, As i have had this option enabled since i have had Mint installed.

BE VERY CAREFUL, AS THIS BYPASSES THE TRASH BIN COMPLETELY ON EVERY DRIVE.

DirtDawg
For as long as I've been using Ubuntu (Warty), it's had this problem with certain partitions (especially usb drives). My solution is not really a solution, but it works.

In the Nautilus preferences, under the Behavior tab, turn on the "Include a delete command that bypasses trash" option. Anytime you want to throw something out from the partition in question, just right-click the file and choose to delete. Careful though, because the delete command is ruthlessly permanent.

Trooper

Back