Trimming PSX isos?

Nikojiro

Hi,

I'm loving PCSX Rearmed, and I have a *huge* collection of PSX isos, which takes a *lot* of space on my SD, and I would like to find a way to trim the isos. I've googled quite a bit about this topic, but did not found anything, apart from stuff intended for PSP and Xperia Play.

Has anyone managed to find info about this?

Use CBIN from CLI Love Package to compress iso/bin to cbin format [compressed iso's].

cbin -> compresses one file

cbin-all -> compressing all iso/bin files in directory

Last edited:
Great, but does PCSX Rearmed work with cbin files?

<edit>Seems r11 handles cbin, I'll have a try</edit>

What is the "CLI Love package" and where can I get it? Could not find it on the repo or apps... Is there a compression tool that I can install under a linux desktop, it would make things easier and I could batch compress all my ISOs.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
(hint, hint) it's on my 4thFloor www page, check my signature under my post.. Happy digging.. :p

Alternatively you could keep just a handful of games that you're playing at a time. ;)

There's also PocketISO which will compress and also will rips music and video from iso's as an option. I've not tested it with this emu but was great back when I was running fpsece on my dinosaur of a pocketPC phone.

Fun question: how do the compression ratios compare between cbin'ed files and eboot files?

Also, can the PCSX rearmed run compressed ISO's?

Fun question: how do the compression ratios compare between cbin'ed files and eboot files?

Also, can the PCSX rearmed run compressed ISO's?

all the ones I tried is about 3:2 ratio.... 50 images originally 30gb down to aprox 20gb

I find the compression of eboot to be better than .z images, but is more lossless with eboot, with .z you can remove video and shink audio etc but I want to keep all that stuff close to original as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Back