Trouble With Pc Link

Apeiron

Since (May 2004) I've had my GP32 I've had trouble uploading files.

Point 1. The orginal software loaded but everytime I had a communication error or timed out all the time.

Point 2. I Managed to put thing in folders on my laptops built in card reader, but I formated it to play a new game with the small card I had. Now I try to do the same but my laptop card reader is no longer reading and sometimes ceases to exist (no icon for a external MMS unit)

Point 3. Yeterday Decided decided to try again, no such luck. Tried new software worked but all emu's added crashed on load (os9x 0.3v, VGB VGB32 and a new one(can't remember))
Tried again to day and I get the same problem over and over it loads, I try to put something on it and "timed out" or "Communication error". This is with the lasted hacked pc link software.

I'll be getting 4 new SMC's tomorrow but they'll be useless to me.
One point I should make is that there is damage to the plastic of the smc but not much.

So heres the questions:
What PC Link Software should I use?
Should I upgrade "firmware"? Can someone explain to me what it does?
Does it matter what usb cable you use? ( I have about 5 of the same size)
And Does anyone know about usb drivers and how I can format may laptop to the settings it had when it showed icons for each card reader (6 in total). The Icons would become oppaque when a card is inserted?

Thanks

Apeiron posted on Sep 1 2004 at 05:08 PM said:
What PC Link Software should I use?
Should I upgrade "firmware"? Can someone explain to me what it does?
Does it matter what usb cable you use? ( I have about 5 of the same size)
And Does anyone know about usb drivers and how I can format may laptop to the settings it had when it showed icons for each card reader (6 in total). The Icons would become oppaque when a card is inserted?

Thanks
I think you should use gpdrive, wich will make it look like a mass storage device for windows.
Then plug in the usb cable and you can tranfer files very easily.
If you have 98 or something old then you have to download usb drivers first,
for xp no drivers are needed

I use the cable that came with my gp32, that works fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I get that.
is it GP USB Driver for XP?
This site's link doesn't work for me.
Thanks for the info

Hello, I can't search for it myself because my intrenet is screwed. It's picky about what sites it goes on (search engines don't work, ebay I can't change a page) and mostly all i get are white screens.

So I'd appreciate a little more help like where to get it.
I am using XP.

here's the link to gpDrive

it's an FXE so you have to upload it to GPMM first, but so uploading is your problem i don't know. if you can upload gpdrive you can upload other things as well so i'm not sure. hope it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back