Trying to get my pre-order refunded

The upgrade should be 350 USD, when you got that upgrade email from Craig
What is the current plan between you and Craig for dealing with preorders and refunds (using profits from new sales):

First clearing the 1Ghz preorders/upgrade-preorder queue, second classic preorders, third refunds? Or some other sequence?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the current plan between you and Craig for dealing with preorders and refunds (using profits from new sales):

First clearing the 1Ghz preorders/upgrade-preorder queue, second classic preorders, third refunds? Or some other sequence?

I'd also like to know this, but from what's been made public on the forum, I'm not sure Craig is even working with ED on a plan to fulfil the old preorders. What about people like me who upgraded to the 1Ghz batch before cross-upgrades too?

Communication is everything. If Craig just communicated people would be less inclined to request refunds which just further dig him into cash flow problems. Whereas if he just gave EvilDragon the ~$350 = manufacturing costs, then that would lighten his queue and he'd have effectively sunk the other half into paying off his debts.

We really need a plan from Craig - not all this iCP2 stuff, that's just disheartening seeing him divert his attention to something else when this is still an ongoing mess.

But how do we get it ?

I have expressed my interest twice (2 replies to that upgrade email from Craig) but I have never gotten a reply.

Ed,

is there a way to get it directly from you (by providing order number for instance).

Yes, if you never got a reply, send me a PM with your order details and I'll sort it out.

Yes, if you never got a reply, send me a PM with your order details and I'll sort it out.
Hi Ed, I have sent you a PM on this as well.  When you have a moment can you let me know what is possible?

Happy New Year and hope all is well
Ed must have been busy like all of us with the year end stuff. I can see he hasn't readmy PM yet.

Happy New Year all.

So how the hell do I find out where I stand with this refund? How many people are ahead of me in queue? And -are- sales coming in? Meaning, are peoples' orders being refunded?

Hate to make this thread go on. I also requested my refund, it has been 6 weeks, and no word. My impression was "You were stupid enough to be a round 1 investor and your money has been burned. Sorry, Have a Nice Day, You bet on the lottery and lost.

THomas

Just to provide some more depressing context for those of you who are wondering what the odds of getting your money back are - I cancelled my pre-order in August, 2011, and still haven't gotten a single euro back. Since I cancelled I have gotten a response every three months or so from Jacquelyn (and a couple from EvilDragon) telling me to wait or asking me if I got the money, respectively. Neither of them have been able to get me my refund though for the last one and a half years. Of course there's no good reason for keeping somebody's money for that long, but there's not much I can do except to ask to please give me back my money, and hope for the best.

Of course there's no good reason for keeping somebody's money for that long, but there's not much I can do except to ask to please give me back my money, and hope for the best.
Except they did not keep your money but instead spent it on producing Pandoras.

Just to provide some more depressing context for those of you who are wondering what the odds of getting your money back are - I cancelled my pre-order in August, 2011, and still haven't gotten a single euro back. Since I cancelled I have gotten a response every three months or so from Jacquelyn (and a couple from EvilDragon) telling me to wait or asking me if I got the money, respectively. Neither of them have been able to get me my refund though for the last one and a half years. Of course there's no good reason for keeping somebody's money for that long, but there's not much I can do except to ask to please give me back my money, and hope for the best.
Technically, correct there is no good reason for them keeping your money. Which is why they didn't, the money was spent on production costs and ultimately defective boards when CC crewed the hootch.

The unfortunate truth is that you're lucky they didn't just cancel out your order along with all the other orders and declare bankruptcy. Same for me, I'm lucky they kept going and producing units so I could make the upgrade. The original preorders were on the basis that things might go terribly wrong and anybody who bought later should have known that things were not going the way that they should.

But, it's a complete mischaracterization to suggest that they just have piles of money sitting around with which to pay off preorders. They're paying off the cancellations as they have money. The situation sucks, but it's really not accurate to suggest that they're just arbitrarily sitting on money.

They're paying off the cancellations as they have money.
Where did you read this? The last word we have from Ed was that he sent another batch of 1Ghz units to Craig, not cash to provide refunds. So, currently, they are not paying off cancellations, or am I mistaken?

They're paying off the cancellations as they have money.
Where did you read this? The last word we have from Ed was that he sent another batch of 1Ghz units to Craig, not cash to provide refunds. So, currently, they are not paying off cancellations, or am I mistaken?
Well, I am paying for my own cancellations, but to be honest, I only have about one or two per month, so nothing serious.

Rather than just come with excuses however valid they are, Craig should just come out either publicly or via private email apologise unreservedly for the extreme delays in delivering units and refunds. No excuses just an apology - no matter who is to blame or delays it is ultimately OPT who have not delivered.

No one could then have a go at him - its no good people saying think yourself lucky he just did not go bankrupt.

Bankruptcy would have an major impact on any future projects Craig is involved in so it is in his interest as well for this not to happen - in fact bankruptcy for Craig would be life changing whilst not getting a refund/unit is just an inconvenience albeit an expensive one.

The unfortunate truth is that you're lucky they didn't just cancel out your order along with all the other orders and declare bankruptcy.
I'm at the point where I think it would be appropriate for the Pandora folks to opt for bankruptcy, I think it only fair that such a permanent mark affect ED, Jaqueline, Craig, et all for the rest of their lives.

It has been over 4 years since I ordered, and I have not received a single piece of correspondence from anyone. Bankruptcy is the appropriate consequence for fucking up this bad.

It has been over 4 years since I ordered, and I have not received a single piece of correspondence from anyone. Bankruptcy is the appropriate consequence for fucking up this bad. 
There is no need to mention Ed in this context

I'm at the point where I think it would be appropriate for the Pandora folks to opt for bankruptcy, I think it only fair that such a permanent mark affect ED, Jaqueline, Craig, et all for the rest of their lives.
Doesn't really leave a mark in UK, I think. Craig already had a company which went into bankruptcy a few years ago (due to being sued by Sony for selling imported PSPs).

And as mentioned above, my company has funds and is not bankrupt, so it wouldn't even be possible.

Then again, what do I have to do with that?

You are not my customer (different company), I don't even have any details nor information about you, so it's not my duty to correspond with you.

(Or have you ever contacted me?)

Besides, I didn't have anything to do with the production itself before I moved it to Germany, and I don't think I fucked up bad here, as it's clearly working fine right now.

Has Craig fucked up? Maybe, maybe not.

There were decisions and actions he made I certainly don't agree to, but without knowing what consequences a different decision would've made, I am not in a position to claim that.

The major issue was the PCB production company in Texas, that I do know.

The only thing I REALLY think Craig is fucking up in my opinion is communication / handling his customers.

For years I've been telling him every now and then to be open and honest with his customers, apologize and ask for understanding than simply ignoring them or telling them the money is on the way when that's not the case.

I am doing that and never had problems with my customers, but for some reason, Craig does not want that.

This is something I really think could lead to someone opting his company for bankruptcy. And it would be a good reason.

Ed, the last 3 sentences of that post were not called for, just be courteous and refer other UK orders (of which i am one) to the relevant official contact information.

If you are unhappy funding Craigs preorders through pandora sales then say it properly.
The passive low level digs at craig are getting a bit tedious mate.

I'm not interested in bankruptcy talk while there is still an option on the table.

Back