Yet to receive my Pandora which was ordered in 2008!

chktan

Still Fresh
I had happily placed an order for the Pandora and a Pandora TV cable on the 5th October 2008 (Order no: ************).

Through numerous emails with Jacquelyn, I learned that my queue position was around 1450-1550. Each time I was asked to be patient as they claimed to have problems with production, parts and etc. In addtion, I was also assured each time that my shipment would be shipped out within 3-4 weeks or an alternative version, "as soon as the production parts are ready".

Well, Pandora people, please note that you still have a customer, who had paid for your product 4 years, 4 months and 8 days ago and has yet to receive his purchases! It has been so long that I believe the Pandora TV cable that I had ordered together with my Pandora in 2008, is now obsolete for use in my country.

Kindly provide professionally, a real shipment date. A refund would be unfair as the exchange rate has continued to be unfavourable over the years.

Regards,

Christopher.

Last edited by a moderator:
a refund anyway would probably be just as long as waiting for your pandora... or even longer as it seems craig as no money at all, ED sends free pandora to craig, but no money...

at this point, like all of us, you have only two option:

1 - wait, be it either for a refund or a pandora...

2 - pay for a crossupgrade 1GHz from ED...

Did you order from ED? His pre-order queue is almost cleared (about 57 units left). Probably one to three months ; )

His order would've been from Craig ... the fact he has had dealings with Jaquelyn suggests this I think.

I'm in same boat, ordered a little after though, but still waiting.

I am waiting for a touch to come in though which, all going well, will mean I can afford to do the x-upgrade thing and switch to ED's custom.

....fingers crossed...

5th of october is way too later of an order. you might still have a couple more years for your turn

Thank GOD I decided to go premium all those years ago. (I had a nagging feeling about things to come, glad I listened to it).

I have no regrets... I just feel sorry for those peeps still holding out...

Thanks to all who replied as well as those who read.

This is really bad news indeed. I had been emailing Jacquelyn on a somewhat consistent basis or so and I had trusted her that my Pandora was about to be shipped each time.

Did you order from ED? His pre-order queue is almost cleared (about 57 units left). Probably one to three months ; )
His order would've been from Craig ... the fact he has had dealings with Jaquelyn suggests this I think.
Guys, I have no idea, but I think my order was an early batch.

you have only two option:

So if I were to cough up more money to upgrade, it would be:

1) 600MHz = pay additional 113,45 €   ???

2) 1GHz = pay additional 264,71 €   ???

Thanks,

Christopher.

5th of october is way too later of an order. you might still have a couple more years for your turn
I hope you are just joking.

Thank GOD I decided to go premium all those years ago. (I had a nagging feeling about things to come, glad I listened to it).

I have no regrets... I just feel sorry for those peeps still holding out...
IIRC, Jacquelyn did mention upgrading to me at some time, but I thought it was just a marketing gimmick.

sadly, i'm not joking. your best bet is to cross-upgrade to EDs shop at dragonbox. just please for the love of god, dont upgrade through craig, or jackie, or whoever is on the UK side these days, so we can avoid future posts like this

you have only two option:

So if I were to cough up more money to upgrade, it would be:

1) 600MHz = pay additional 113,45 €   ???

2) 1GHz = pay additional 264,71 €   ???

Thanks,

Christopher.

no, the crossupdate means dropping your order to craig shop and order a 1GHz model from ED at production cost... since the production cost difference between rebirth and 1GHz is nill you can only upgrade to 1GHz. the only good news if you do that is that you'll be completly out of buisiness with craig... and ED ships almost directly your units, he have theses in stock. I'm not sure of the latest crossupgrade price...

I don't understand how they didn't even try to send them out in order, there's no way someone who isn't even at position 2000 shouldn't have gotten their Pandora. Unless there are far more outstanding than we've been led to believe.

I don't understand how they didn't even try to send them out in order, there's no way someone who isn't even at position 2000 shouldn't have gotten their Pandora. Unless there are far more outstanding than we've been led to believe.
it's hard to know, latest word from craig shop was something around 800 units still lingering, with no details of how many are rebirth, 1GHz, no precise details, and we don't know how many people left the queue since then... but I suspect there is still something around 600 rebirth preorder lingering from craig

sadly, i'm not joking. your best bet is to cross-upgrade to EDs shop at dragonbox. just please for the love of god, dont upgrade through craig, or jackie, or whoever is on the UK side these days, so we can avoid future posts like this
While it's quite possible (even probable) that you are correct in this, I think you are being overly pessimistic here. Many of Craig's orders have been fulfilled and/or upgraded/ and/or cancelled since the last time someone posted a 'I just received my original (non-upgraded) order, this is when I ordered' post. It's entirely possible that the first couple of days worth of orders have mostly been dealt with, in which case it's possible chktan might not be far in to the queue once ED starts shipping these orders again.

That being said I agree that the option of cross-upgrading via DragonBox is the best bet for getting it quickly.

- Neelix

Neelix, looks at aatu post: (he seems to have done some digging for information...)

A small elaboration regarding the different queues (partly copypasted from an old post):

The latest Craig's original pre-order shipment that I can find a record of is from the 8th of June 2012, with 01/10/2008 at 21:11 as the original order date and time. The next known order is from 21:54, and apparently he (FuzzySocks) is still waiting. He's last been active on 20th of January, and he has also stated that he will certainly post when he gets his shipping mail and/or delivery.

So, as far as the forum digging is to be believed, FuzzySocks will be next in line of the original pre-orders, his order being made 43 minutes after the last shipped original pre-order.

Also, I'm guessing that after the 1GHz orders will come "premium" orders/upgraders, a.k.a. people who paid extra to get bumped up in the front of the queue (but still 600MHz). Though not sure how many of those there are, probably not that many.

And after THAT should be the old-timers' turn, again.

Neelix, keep in mind that people who are cancelling from craig, are only being moved to a different queue, the current ever growing refund queue

@Elwing: Yeah I saw that shortly after I posted.

@DaMummy: *nods* I wouldn't recommend cancelling an order from Craig for that very reason, but once someone is in the refund queue they are out of the unit queue which does effectively bring anyone behind them towards the front of that queue.

Either way, I stand by my "overly pessimistic" statement as it relates to this quote:

- Neelix

Thanks to all for your replies and help rendered.

I will post here accordingly should I receive my 4-year old Pandora.

Normally I don't like throwing good money after bad.

If you have the funds to do so, cross upgrading to Ed's queue for a 1Ghz with immediate delivery is quite possibly your best option.

With your early pre-order $$$ + cross upgrade $$$ you're likely close to retail for the 1Ghz unit.  Consider your early pre-order with Craig's shop to be your coupon to get a current new unit at cost.

Yes, It's annoying.  But - it's amazing that ED is extending this offer to Craig's 'customers' (donors?).  From my understanding, ED makes nothing off of these, but it is a ticket out of the endless CraigIX queues.

Was keeping my fingers crossed, but there is still no Pandora in sight.

Upgrading seems expensive.

Very disheartened; thought I could trust Jacquelyn.

Back