Tune ECU

Stingray

Still Fresh
Greetings,

Regarding Tune ECU

Tune ECU is a fully free an functional windows program that runs diagnostics and can remap Triumph, KTM, and Apirila motorcycles equiped with Engine Control Units. Until this program was developed there was only one propiatory device capabile of this function. I've run it on a laptop with awesome results, but how cool would it be to have it on my Pandora, tucked neatly in my pocket or tank bag. I'm wondering if, or how, this could be done. Aslo, I thought It might catch the interest of a developer.

http://www.tuneecu.com/

You can click on the flag of your origin for your language.

System requirements:
Computer: PC or Netbook , running Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7, USB 2.0 or better.) 1024x576 display and NET Framework

Not looking favourable unfortunately, even if they gave you the source. There has been discussion of open source engine management apps before, but I'm having trouble finding them. I don't think any of those would suit this task anyway.

System requirements:
Computer: PC or Netbook , running Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7, USB 2.0 or better.) 1024x576 display and NET Framework

Not looking favourable unfortunately, even if they gave you the source. There has been discussion of open source engine management apps before, but I'm having trouble finding them. I don't think any of those would suit this task anyway.
Hey, thanks for checking it out. Looks like its going to be the netbook. This wont detract from the stoke I'll have when my Pandora arrives.

I don't think this is something that we should give up on quite so easily - at lest not in a general term.

Does your bike link to the computer via an ODBC II connection?

There are a few open source ODBC II reader programs out there. There are even more for Android. I's a start.

I don't think this is something that we should give up on quite so easily - at lest not in a general term.

Does your bike link to the computer via an ODBC II connection?

There are a few open source ODBC II reader programs out there. There are even more for Android. I's a start.

My Triumph connects to a computer by USB/OBDII cable. Yes there are free programs that work with some vehicles however, last time I looked Tune ECU was the only free program that could interface with Triumph, KTM, Aprilia. Two alternative programs begin around $300.00 American, and Triumph has their propitiatory device. For Triumph riders, Tune ECU is providential.

I've used Ubuntu, and now Linux Mint 12, I'm wouldn't call my self an experienced user. I've used a program called Play on Linux to play windows games, I wonder if a program like that might work? Naturally any thoughts or input is appreciated.

Looking at the Tune ECU website - I think they would fall in love with the Pandora if they knew about it.

Contact them and tell them you would like to know if they would be interested in porting their code to the OpenPandora platform. Since they're non-commercial, they might be willing to give you the source code to compile?

Grench,

I was thinking the same thing, that Tune ECU would appreciate Pandora, and that Pandora people would appreciate Tune ECU. I think I will send the author an email asking if there are any plans to, or if there ever have been, develop a linux version. I'll also ask if he would consider releasing the source code to a qualified developer.

Back