Tutorials for installing emulators

Hello,

I see the card and i have the following problem:

*Put yoshis emultor pack on it - works

* folders: menu, desktop and mmenu are empty

*.pnd files are in the app folder 

My questions are:

*why do i see emulators on the desktop and in the mini menue if the folders are empty?

Thx alot

now are they in a pandora/menu foler or just menu?

if they're just on the root of the SD card it may work on some PNDs, but PND system was meant to work in specific folders outlined.

EDIT: Re-read what you said, read it too quick: Yeah the apps directory should put the icons on both the desktop and the menu.

EDIT 2: your issue may be corrupted files.. Maybe not enough time was given for it to write to the card before ejection, download issues haven't been unheard of in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you looking at

/pandora/apps  ( on the Pandora NAND memory itself)

or

the /media/WHAT-EVER-YOUR-SD-CARD-NAME-IS/pandora/apps ( Actually on your SD card )

why do i see emulators on the desktop and in the mini menue if the folders are empty?
No, emu .pnds are in the pandora/app folder
I assume you mean pandora/apps?Anything put in pandora/menu will appear in the menu; anything put in pandora/desktop will appear on the desktop; anything put in pandora/apps will appear in BOTH. Even if pandora/menu and pandora/desktop are empty, if you have something in pandora/apps it will appear on both the menu and desktop.

why do i see emulators on the desktop and in the mini menue if the folders are empty?
No, emu .pnds are in the pandora/app folder
I assume you mean pandora/apps?
Anything put in pandora/menu will appear in the menu; anything put in pandora/desktop will appear on the desktop; anything put in pandora/apps will appear in BOTH. Even if pandora/menu and pandora/desktop are empty, if you have something in pandora/apps it will appear on both the menu and desktop.
Thx alot, but the bottom of my problem is, that the pndmanager didnt appear!

Thx

PS: in yoshis emulatorpack instructions is written that the pandora folder in my sd card should be renamed by pandora_orig ... i did it and put yoshis pandora folder in the root of my sd

Looks like that

sd/pandora_orig

sd/pandora (yoshis emupack folder)

Now i tried to put the pndmanager in

sd/pandora_orig/desktop

sd/pandora_orig/menue

but nothing appeard.

I've never used Yoshi's emulator pack, no idea why it would tell you to do that but that is wrong. The directories need to be "sd/pandora/..." for menu, apps, or desktop.

I've never used Yoshi's emulator pack, no idea why it would tell you to do that but that is wrong. The directories need to be "sd/pandora/..." for menu, apps, or desktop.
I think they are intending to have you replace your Pandora folder with theirs by renaming your folder as Pandora_orig. Then in case you had an app in your original folder before installing their pack, you can move it from your Pandora_orig into the Pandora folder they provided.

Any pnd left in Pandora_orig will not show up.

And how I always understood it. Yoshis emulator pack provides you with a fully populated Pandora folder with emulators and appdata already set up. So you just copy the yoshi Pandora folder to your SD and it is set to be populated with ROMs.

I think they are intending to have you replace your Pandora folder with theirs by renaming your folder as Pandora_orig. Then in case you had an app in your original folder before installing their pack, you can move it from your Pandora_orig into the Pandora folder they provided.

Any pnd left in Pandora_orig will not show up.

And how I always understood it. Yoshis emulator pack provides you with a fully populated Pandora folder with emulators and appdata already set up. So you just copy the yoshi Pandora folder to your SD and it is set to be populated with ROMs.
Ok, i have now only one folder on my sdcard, emulators work, but it still doesnt work with the pndmanager.

Will try to get a new file in the evening, maybe really a bad file?

Thx

Could be bad file. It doesn't happen often but sometimes it does. If other PNDs are working then you've definitely done everything right, can't imagine what might be wrong.

If the pnd in /pandora/apps doesn't work, try putting it in /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop, just to see if it makes a difference. I think a recent update also allowed dropping things just onto the root of the SD card and they should appear in the menu.

Back