TV cable does not transmit color.

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
It's not my TV; my Wii and PC images show up perfectly when I use them, but when I plug in my Pandora, I get a fully grayscale image. I just got the cord.

What sort of connection are you using for your pandora?

What sort do your Wii and PC use?

did you select PAL or NTSC in the TV-out configuration ? You need to check this, since selecting the wrong one for your TV will give black and white output. 

Mkay, so I tried NTSC. The reason that didn't work before was because it was set to S-video, so that's why nothing showed up. I set it to composite with NTSC, and now the colors work fine.

The new issue, however, is I can't get the entire Pandora display on the screen; the edges get trimmed off. I've made it as big as it allows on the config, but that hasn't fixed it. My TV is a brand new plasma screen, and doesn't have options for minute zoom control.

Does your TV have pixel to pixel display, eg turn off overscan.

Most LCD's & Plasma still have overscan turned on by default.

The new issue, however, is I can't get the entire Pandora display on the screen; the edges get trimmed off. I've made it as big as it allows on the config, but that hasn't fixed it. My TV is a brand new plasma screen, and doesn't have options for minute zoom control.
When you say the edges are trimmed off, do you mean you're actually losing some of the picture information, or just that you are getting black bars either side (but seeing the entire desktop)?

When you say the edges are trimmed off, do you mean you're actually losing some of the picture information, or just that you are getting black bars either side (but seeing the entire desktop)?
Neither. The image fills the screen, but goes beyond as well. I can't see the taskbar, and the sides and top are off screen too. None of my TV's options allow me to put the whole display onscreen without screwing up the aspect and distorting everything.

The TV-out settings dialog lets you adjust for overscan. Try making it smaller? You should notice how it stretches when you adjust the "window size", which is the size that is output.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TV-out settings dialog lets you adjust for overscan. Try making it smaller? You should notice how it stretches when you adjust the "window size", which is the size that is output.
OH! I thought that was how much of the Pandora display I was shoing. Heheh, I got it to fit now. Thank you!

Back