TV-Out Cable ?

Near_Kstor

Hello and good morning / good afternoon / good evening

I'm VERY interested in acquiring the Pandora (1GHz) in the coming month... however, I am based in Brazil - therefore the only store that can ship to me is DragonBox.

So my question is: what type of cable do I need to connect my Pandora to my TV? Does it have the standard mini-HDMI port? Maybe it's another type of popular TV-Out cable like AV? I'm really hoping it's NOT something Pandora-specific....
I'm asking this because I'm very interested in playing my games on a big TV... and the accessories list in the DragonBox website does NOT mention any TV-Out cables for Pandora - and I'd like to get everything I want in one order.

Thank you for your attention!

Sorry to disappoint, but it's Pandora specific. It's mostly this way because the EXT port that carries the TV out, Audio In and Out also has other IO channels that can be used by Hardware hackers and such so some odd connector was used. 

The TV out is also analog only(Composite or Svideo) as the OMAP3 SoC only has one digital out and that is being used by LCD screen.. The output is real nice though, I have a DLP projector and when you output in PAL mode it looks almost as good as using Component cables (RGB). I also have a setup on an old CRT TV and playing old emulators on it seems like playing it on the original system.

Currently all the TV out cables have been build by the users themselves, but I heard some rumoring that there may be some official ones in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
was going to ask ed what was up with them but with the comp. going on and all the other things that have to get done didn't want to bring it up. have a nice one i built to bad only tv i have is about 2in. bigger then the pandora screen:)

Ha I knew it, and said it earlier, as soon as I made my own cable the official ones would soon come out :)

i said that every time i made / order more parts, but if it is true this time thanks LT lol. 2nd cable turn out better for you i hope

i said that every time i made / order more parts, but if it is true this time thanks LT lol. 2nd cable turn out better for you i hope
LOL.

Yep the new cable works good.

Well, here's hoping to have news on this VERY soon!

I'd like to have a SINGLE international order with a "complete set"!

I want to record my Pandora to create a promo video.... who can sell me a cable? or borrow one.

I also need me an SVHS cable for recording for my review video for the Dutch market.

I don't want scart, I have no option to analog capture scart except when pulling out the composite signal, which is not as good as the S-signal.

Back