TV-Out: How are you Hookin' it up?

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
I more or less just wanted a consensus of which cables and/or adapters people are using and which yield the best results. I'd assume the easiest way would be composite but how good would the quality be especially if you don't own a CRT?

Oh, shot in the dark here but has anyone tried using a wireless RCA transmitter? I'm thinking this would be a good solution if you hate dealing with long cables like me.

Um, I use the TV out cable and an long s-video and audio cables. Oh, and a CRT.

If you've not got a CRT I recall there are video boxes that upscale and give you scanlines and things that make the image look a lot more like a CRT on a digital screen.

When  I get mine (not likely, will have to buy it when I have the money), I intend to hook it up to my tvtuner card on my PC, it has an analog input. And I still got an old TV... so either should work.

Mine is connected video RCA (Yellow) to a mini portable projector and looks fantastic for emulation. Tyrian especially.

I'm currently... not.

My brother managed to break mine (it snapped near the pandora end)

I'll have to send it to ED (maybe parts can be salvaged and order a replacement)

So advice - make sure the cable is supported. Although my brother was not being careful -_-

I broke mine as well, but it was caused by temporary stupidity. I thought the plug is not properly inserted, because I had no picture on the TV and there is always a gap between the Pandora and the thick part of the plug. So I tried to push it in further, lost grip and so I managed to break off the thin part of the plug.

Ordered a new one from ED and got it one or two days later.

Good news is that the plug breaks before the socket in the Pandora does :p

I have two cables, one hitched to my DLP projector, and another to a 36" CRT I use for my old consoles. On both I use S-Video, only difference is I use PAL on my projector because it can handle that input and has a slightly higher resolution than NTSC.

Btw not sure if this is true for everyone's TV but I noticed my image was further improved if I inserted BOTH composite AND Svideo whilt using Svideo.

I tested this by inserting and removing the composite and you could see the change in the image.

^It's possible plugging in the other end prevents some minor interference by not having an exposed end.

Oh well... I m using the TV-Out Cable available from "www.dragonbox.de" in combination with a S-Video and Audio cable.

My first attempt of recording that signal with a laptop and its additional tv-recording device can be seen here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjnMKTp_j8

I somehow got to work myself a bit more into recompressing video files.

The video got a slightly blur-effect since I had to do that.

I have also tried to redirect that signal through our projector, but the resolution of the picture on the wall is a bit too low for my taste.

EDIT : okay that last "sentence" has to do something with the distance between wall and projector of course =P

I bet it looks georgous with its distance reduced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back