Tv Out Problem

ZOoOpS

Still Fresh
Website
www.coolthings.co.za
Hi

Ok, I got a TV out cable, but I am unable to get a picture on the TV with it. I get sound but no picture what so ever. I am on Firmware 1.1.0 (the most up to date one). In the settings section do you have to push a button to activate the TV out or what? I am testing it with an Xvid movie I encoded my self. Must it be a specific bit rate or resolution to output to a T.V. the movie?

If you can help please do.

Thx
ZOoOpS

P.S. Can one only out put video to a TV or can one play games as well?

I just read that when you use TV-out, you'll get sound from both TV and GP2x. I guess, GPH can implement surround sound this way?! :p

try holding the plug in more tightly to the gp2x ....I found that the tv out hardware is lacking severly ...as video will not show unless you hold the connector to the gp2x while watching a video.

If there is a way to connect the tv out better to the gp2x please let me know..

codeninja posted on Dec 28 2005 at 12:16 AM said:
I just read that when you use TV-out, you'll get sound from both TV and GP2x. I guess, GPH can implement surround sound this way?! :p

Does the volume control on the GP2X control the volume of the output signal to the tv?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Dec 27 2005 at 10:42 PM said:
did you sue the mplayer included with the new firmware? mplayer_tv.gpu or something?

Downloading it now and I'll see if it works. I have tried to push and giggle the cable and nothing. :(

ZOoOpS posted on Dec 28 2005 at 09:33 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Dec 27 2005 at 10:42 PM said:
did you sue the mplayer included with the new firmware? mplayer_tv.gpu or something?

Downloading it now and I'll see if it works. I have tried to push and giggle the cable and nothing. :(

Ok downloaded it and it now works :D , but not without me having to push on the cable(plug) were it goes into the GP2X :( . If I do not push on it I get nothing out.

Thx for the help :)

ZOoOpS

Back