Tv Out / Sound

budweiser

GP32 Hardcore
I was able to hook up the tv out to my tv---- great picture ( was a movie ) but for the life of me can't hear the sound through the tv , sound still plays from the gp2x unit .. I am using 2.0 firmware any help is appreciated ....Bud

You could try getting a cable that connects the headphone output to the TV with RCA cables. Or you can just plug the existing RCA cables into a stereo reciever. Theres a program somewhere that shuts off the speakers.

i'm using firmware 2.0 and my tv-out cable sends the audio fine. it should still come out of the gp2x speakers though, that's normal. but if it still won't work, like blah said you can just get a stereo mini to rca and do it that way.

rokdcasbah posted on Mar 27 2007 at 03:00 PM said:
i'm using firmware 2.0 and my tv-out cable sends the audio fine. it should still come out of the gp2x speakers though, that's normal. but if it still won't work, like blah said you can just get a stereo mini to rca and do it that way.

Yeah, I can't even connect from the tvout wires to the t.v. the connection is to loose. I know that some guy did it successfuly, but it doesn't help. -Ive tried ducktape, and other things. -Alterdimension

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah like vimacs said. usually the barrel part is thin enough to be bent in, usually there's even slits cut in for that purpose. unfortunately a lot of companies think using friction to hold in cables is a GOOD idea (everybody involved with molex should be publicly executed).

duck tape? :D :D :D

In his other topic, he makes it clear that he means the EXT port. So he has a bad EXT port, or more likely a bad TV Out cable.

Back