TV-Out with Peca Custom Cable

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Just got my TV Out cable in the mail from Peca (another big thank you) and tried it on a big flatscreen via S-Video, no video signal found. I took it to an old 18" TV with S-Video connections as well and could not get a signal either.

Do I need to run a script or something to get this to work? I'm using HF6A4.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Which output You try, S-Video, composite or both? Anyway, try open S-Video connector (screwed by hand) and look if it is visibly broken out of tin. I should throw it to trash bin, but if I forgot... Shouldn't be, I test them all, but I'm not god.

IIRC - You have metal connectors. It seem that they are too heavy and should be secured by resin filled in compartment (or something like this). What was package condition when it arrived?

---

Edit: If You can, try to measure connection between pin of yellow RCA and one of pin in EXT port connector (should be 1st in top left corner if You look from Pandora site into cable connector - TVout1/Y).

---

Edit2: You should have 1m long cable and it should be good. IIRC I was broke one long when testing (too tight hole, missing connector cover and too much force :-/ ), but check it anyway. Maybe You are just out of luck and your TVout is broken in the Pandora (which I doubt).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only tried the RCA cables and not the S-Video. Let me see what I come up with on the next test.

Thanks for the response Peca. I'll answer your questions in a few hours, time to herd some cattle down a river.

Which output You try, S-Video, composite or both? Anyway, try open S-Video connector (screwed by hand) and look if it is visibly broken out of tin. I should throw it to trash bin, but if I forgot... Shouldn't be, I test them all, but I'm not god.

IIRC - You have metal connectors. It seem that they are too heavy and should be secured by resin filled in compartment (or something like this). What was package condition when it arrived?

---

Edit: If You can, try to measure connection between pin of yellow RCA and one of pin in EXT port connector (should be 1st in top left corner if You look from Pandora site into cable connector - TVout1/Y).

---

Edit2: You should have 1m long cable and it should be good. IIRC I was broke one long when testing (too tight hole, missing connector cover and too much force :-/ ), but check it anyway. Maybe You are just out of luck and your TVout is broken in the Pandora (which I doubt).
I've tried S-Video and RCA.

Looking at the S-Video cable after I unscrew it, the yellow, red, and another bald wire are connected. The white wire has been cut off and isn't connected to anything. I'm assuming the bald wire connection is the white wire or maybe its a ground? Is this correct?

By metal connectors you mean, gold connectors for the various RCA jacks?

Package arrived in good condition, it didn't seem like anything was busted up.

Cable is 1m long. I can test everything on a 2nd Pandora in the morning.

I'm not sure what you want me to measure regarding your first edit above. Can you word it differently or anyone feel free to chime in here.

EDIT: Just tried a 2nd Pandora and same results via RCA & S-Video. There is a noticable humming on the flatscreen I am trying this on under PAL & NTSC and the hum changes frequency depending one which one is selected in XFCE with RCA. That big screen has no SVideo jack, but neither SVideo or RCA work on my 23" flatscreen either. This was tested with HF5 with this particular Pandora.

Hoping this thing will work eventually.

What cable was evildragon using when he was playing games on tv,was it peca custom cable.

Its highly likely that ED was using a prototype of the official planned TV out cables. These simply don't exist for customers at this time.

In addition the drivers used and the firmware on the Pandora (or at least the TV out scripts) have changed since his videos and hence new ones of both are being worked on (to my knowledge) now that Pandora users have cables from Peca in hand.

I'd advise that you make no comparison or jump to any conclusion, about a single cable that Peca has taken his own time up with to custom build for various people, as any official position on what the TV out capabilities of the Pandora are.

In this case it is perhaps damaged in transit and a single wire has broken a contact, or similar. (Jumping to conclusions though)

Peca certainly isn't trying to scam anyone, or waste his time making cables that don't work. Afterall he got a company to make custom tiny PCB boards, to make fitting the EXT connectors WizardStan had also personally made the arrangements to source, possible.

We will have to see if OPT will ever produce the Official Cables though, as they probably need a huge minimum order, or a shed load of cash (from iCP sales) to get this accomplished any time soon. (Jumping to conclusions again though) :)

edit: remove wasted space. Oh wait that would mean...

Yeah, I'm not trashing Peca, I am grateful for the fact he is making cables and went through the effort to get Tiny BOBs made.

I didn't mean yourself Link and in no way was I trashing sukhiextreme. He asked if the cable you have from Peca, was the same as the cable ED had in an earlier video and of course they are not. I hope you get your cable issue sorted out.

I hope OPT get the official cables sorted out too, I just didnt want Peca deemed in the wrong light here, even if one cable so far perhaps hasn't worked as expected.

In the meantime, aren't there more cows to lead to pasture, more cables to be soldering, more iCP's to be shipping, more elite I should be playing and more relevant questions that should be asked in the first place? (j/k)
tongue.gif

I'm sorry but my daughter was ill - so I was solving other thing than cables. And sorry again but I'll not at home for next week, so no cable again. Now to the issues with cable:

I've got 2 complains about it. One from Link (no video at all) and one from Maggi (weak signal on left audio out). Both cables are with heavy metal connectors (OK, connector is all made from metal and is heavy :) ) and it should be that securing by shrinking insulator is not enough. I'll simply build replacement and send in my own (as it is my fault). But as I'll be out of home, I can't do this before next week. I'll send PM when I'll sending replacements. I'll try to make some improvement in fixing cable ends. I thinking about loop wires and tight them together - which wouldn't be nice too much...

I want to return this cable to you so you can test it yourself. No hurry on getting a replacement so take your time. Thanks!

As you know pandora has tv out seting in there is pal and ntsc,so if you have ntsc tv,try to set it to ntsc and see,how it goes.

for panplayer i know that changing the output from omapfb to x11 (or another one i cant remember exactly which one worked for me), but yea, having the overlay outputed to the tvout would be great !.

As you know pandora has tv out seting in there is pal and ntsc,so if you have ntsc tv,try to set it to ntsc and see,how it goes.
You should try both pal and ntsc on any tv. You might be surprised as some tvs support both.

I just made these two diagrams and willing to share them to help figure out the EXT pins from the back. Enjoy.

pandorovideoouta.jpg

pandorovideooutb.jpg

Back