Tweaks

Sugar_Kane said:
I personally hope that every Pandora arrives with a single Ferrero Rocher, both as a thanks for being patient, and a mark of absolute quality.

ferrerorocher3.jpg
Craig's receptions are noted in society for his exquisite taste.

Once he gets a Pandora in our hands, he'll be really spoiling us :p

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Wait, wait, we have not even started on 'Why won't my Pandora run x' that's the next fun step, helping everyone make stuff work.

It won't run X? What kind of Linux have you got installed on this thing?????

;)

Monk said:
craigix said:
Wait, wait, we have not even started on 'Why won't my Pandora run x' that's the next fun step, helping everyone make stuff work.

;)

You don't need x to play games, there are lots of games out there that doesn't even have graphics. We'll all be playing discworld mud soon. We don't need no stinking x.

Actually, the current image kills X when you run an SDL app :p

Didn't happen on an older image, so time to figure out what has been changed.
Kinda fun, every new image fixes stuff and sometimes breaks something else you never would expect.

It's like running a Linux system from a daily GIT :D

ceepeeuk said:
From Evil Dragons twitter:

Rescheduled Delivery Date: 08/02/2010

Would've been nice before the weekend, but won't happen sadly.

I was betting that it would get pushed back until at least Monday anyways. Both because of customs and that's just the way things go around here, we really can't seem to catch a break, even a small one. The only issue with this new date is that in order for the factory to pump out 4k units before CNY, they need the green light by the 8th. This will now be impossible because by the time that MWeston receives the package, it will be the 9th already in China. That said, the team has planned for this contingency, either dropping their expectations to 1k or 2k before CNY or paying the factory to work through CNY to finish the cases. Either way will mean the start of delivery to customers as quickly as possible.

So, I'm happy as long as the green light happens by the 9th or 10th. And what exactly did Craig mean when he said that if they get enough sample cases that they'll send some units out? I have a feeling he was talking about the 100 for devs and media loaners, because, as far as I know, most of those are still without a case.

Here's hoping that this is the last test case! :)

I believe he meant that; these test cases will be the same quality as the production ones, therefore if they are green lighted then they can use them to make up as many Pandoras as they can and ship them as final units... Hopefully one of those will be to Gruso

Sugar_Kane said:
I believe he meant that; these test cases will be the same quality as the production ones, therefore if they are green lighted then they can use them to make up as many Pandoras as they can and ship them as final units... Hopefully one of those will be to Gruso

I hope that's what he meant, but I still think that they are going to use those cases for the 95 or so burn-in boards that they have left. Craig has been very clear that he wants to get those built and sent out to devs and to media for reviews. I think that even if the cases are good enough for a green light, they will likely still want to use MP cases to build MP units. Further, the factory is working on building up the first thousand boards, so why would OP send only 50 or 100 cases to the factory, then send 1000 when the first batch of cases gets shipped? They would have 50~100 leftover cases at the end of the first batch of 1000.

That said, I really do hope that he meant that they are planning to use those cases to ship units to customers, but I'm not going to count on it.

EvilDragon said:
Actually, the current image kills X when you run an SDL app :p

Didn't happen on an older image, so time to figure out what has been changed.
Kinda fun, every new image fixes stuff and sometimes breaks something else you never would expect.

It's like running a Linux system from a daily GIT :D

Darn - it's like, Craig was telling the truth - literally. I wonder if he knew? <_<

emil10001 said:
I hope that's what he meant, but I still think that they are going to use those cases for the 95 or so burn-in boards that they have left. Craig has been very clear that he wants to get those built and sent out to devs and to media for reviews. I think that even if the cases are good enough for a green light, they will likely still want to use MP cases to build MP units. Further, the factory is working on building up the first thousand boards, so why would OP send only 50 or 100 cases to the factory, then send 1000 when the first batch of cases gets shipped? They would have 50~100 leftover cases at the end of the first batch of 1000.

That said, I really do hope that he meant that they are planning to use those cases to ship units to customers, but I'm not going to count on it.
I don't know if anyone recognized it, but the screenshot of the UPS status says the package weighs just 1kg. That can't be many cases.

mali said:
I don't know if anyone recognized it, but the screenshot of the UPS status says the package weighs just 1kg. That can't be many cases.

I didn't notice that before. Huh, not that surprising though.

I dunno... plastic cases by themselves aren't very heavy...voluminous, though. So considering the weight of the box, I don't see very many being in there, either... taking bets now. I'll say 5.

mindlord said:
I dunno... plastic cases by themselves aren't very heavy...voluminous, though. So considering the weight of the box, I don't see very many being in there, either... taking bets now. I'll say 5.
I'm in! I say 4!

Xenu said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

;)

You don't need x to play games, there are lots of games out there that doesn't even have graphics. We'll all be playing discworld mud soon. We don't need no stinking x.
Hey!!! :angry: I for one use X. I bet there's a way around it though.

Ishimaru said:
Xenu said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

;)

Don't tkae our banter TOO seriously - it's a little light-hearted fun playing with the English language. As it turns out there really IS an issue with X, but I would not be at all surprised to find it remedied by the time Pandoras ship.

Monk said:
Ishimaru said:
Xenu said:
Monk said:
craigix said:

;)

Don't tkae our banter TOO seriously - it's a little light-hearted fun playing with the English language. As it turns out there really IS an issue with X, but I would not be at all surprised to find it remedied by the time Pandoras ship.
I know you guys were joking. I just probably type it in a way were you thought I was taking it serious. No hard feelings. But I'm getting were your at with the issue of X.

Ishimaru said:
I know you guys were joking. I just probably type it in a way were you thought I was taking it serious. No hard feelings. But I'm getting were your at with the issue of X.

Excellent - I was hoping that was the case, but sometimes these things can run away and turn into huge misinformation floods... which I'd rather avoid right now ;) Better to be safe than sorry!

Monk said:
Ishimaru said:

Excellent - I was hoping that was the case, but sometimes these things can run away and turn into huge misinformation floods... which I'd rather avoid right now ;) Better to be safe than sorry!
Agree. ;)

Back