Twitterix: New Vid In The Works

I for one am very much looking forward to this video, Craig, and I'm grateful that you've taken the time to make it - keep it up. :)

Regarding the Mac, any idea what it did to the card? (Just recalling my time with Mac OS X, I know it had a habit of dropping ".trashes" directories and suchlike on removable media, which at least back then required you to empty the trash before removing the media should you have deleted anything from it, although I kind of doubt that that would be the problem... :p )

Personally Craig, I like the quirky review style I had a laugh at the last one and I didn't expect to. I spent just over a month fairly recently putting together a music video together which drove me insane but doing so really paid off. I can tell you took a quite some time planning that last one, if you've got another interesting angle for the next video in the works (and let's face it most tech demo style show cases vid are dryer than a sandpit)... I say go for it. For those that disapprove I'd like to introduce you to my good friend... the seek bar. Will we be seeing you in a smoking jacket with a pipe and slippers soon? ;)

I'm cool with whatever you put up, Craig, as long as I don't have to look at or even think about your hairy, soapy, nipples.

*Shudder*

*NOT* what I pre-order'ed the Pandora for, dear me ..

Looks like the mac killed my ext2 SD cards. Bugger. Have to set those back up to finish the video. I think I'll try to stay up all day now.

Anyway the SD card death means I can upgrade my Pandora firmware to the latest one, which means things go even faster.

craigix said:
Looks like the mac killed my ext2 SD cards. Bugger. Have to set those back up to finish the video. I think I'll try to stay up all day now.

Anyway the SD card death means I can upgrade my Pandora firmware to the latest one, which means things go even faster.
has it completly died? even formatting wont work?
Even my windows pc wont do that :eek:

thanks for all the working on the video craig :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Yea. Less Craig arsing around, desperately trying to be an artist, and more actual Pandora footage.

How is he "desperately trying to be an artist"? He hasn't put anything artsy in his videos, he's just trying to make the videos more entertaining and funny, and I think they are.

Craig doesn't even need to make the videos in the first place, be grateful to him that he is and let him do it how he likes.
I like the crazy video style Craig, makes them much more fun to watch. Keep it up!

I don't have any experience with ext2 or with Macs, but a bit of Googling suggests they don't play well together. Does this help, or should I tell you four hours ago?

Silver linings and all that. :) Drink coffee, use the force.

Keep it up Craig! The only thing I'm frustrated about is the lack of Amiga video's with full sound.....I thought that would be sorted by now, it would also be a massive selling point for the Pandora.

Just a video with Microprose Grand Prix, Project X, Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions would be GREAT! Along with any other games that didn't quite work full speed on the GP2X.

Make it happen please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NickLoTurco said:
Keep it up Craig! The only thing I'm frustrated about is the lack of Amiga video's with full sound.....I thought that would be sorted by now, it would also be a massive selling point for the Pandora.

Just a video with Microprose Grand Prix, Project X, Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions would be GREAT! Along with any other games that didn't quite work full speed on the GP2X.

Make it happen please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we all want to see dosbox running commander keen :D

I'm sure the video will be super. I know video editing can take a good long while (especially if you're fussy like me. Personally I'd love to see the pandora open fully (not like a laptop, more like a fully opened DS). Even a photo of it opened fully would be good as this is my main interest in the pandora because I'm blind as a bat and I can't see net books so well.

Thinking back to your last video gives me an idea though. You could have a load of men dressed up as super heroes and sit them on top of a large building "Fathers for justice. we're not going anywhere... we have our pandoras and are reliving our youth"

Anyways good luck and smile. You're almost there and of course people are going to be anxious as hopes have been building for a good while now so it's understandable people want to just see more of the pandora.

can we have less roofs and more pandas?
i remember my old DV camera used to take 2 hours just to encode the video. let alone editing and uploading its HD qual too so damn... looks like another all nighter for you Criag lol
COFFEE TIME

Lylep said:
How is he "desperately trying to be an artist"? He hasn't put anything artsy in his videos, he's just trying to make the videos more entertaining and funny, and I think they are.

Pandora's on the roof? Wiz's falling onto heads and knocking people out? That certainly doesn't seem like a technical demonstration to me.

Craig doesn't even need to make the videos in the first place

Sure he does. He needs to prevent the people who have paid for a pre-order from canceling. Videos are a good way of doing that. Videos, that is, of the Pandora actually doing things. Not videos of Craig running around places with a Pandora in his hand.

Cannibal said:
Will we be seeing you in a smoking jacket with a pipe and slippers soon? ;)

How bout this sorta look an setting..

;)

Pleng said:
Pandora's on the roof? Wiz's falling onto heads and knocking people out? That certainly doesn't seem like a technical demonstration to me.
So something is either a technical demonstration, or art?
I wasn't arguing it was a technical demonstration, I just said your claim he was "desperately trying to be an artist" was stupid.

Pleng said:
Sure he does. He needs to prevent the people who have paid for a pre-order from canceling. Videos are a good way of doing that. Videos, that is, of the Pandora actually doing things. Not videos of Craig running around places with a Pandora in his hand.

I was just saying that he going to a lot of effort making this video for us, because we asked for one (and I still don't think he needs to, no one is going to cancel if he doesn't), and acting like a wanker isn't a very nice after someone's just gone to a lot of effort and made something for you.

pawprints said:
You could have a load of men dressed up as super heroes and sit them on top of a large building "Fathers for justice. we're not going anywhere... until we have our pandoras"
Just as well they didn't say the above, they'd all be dead by now.

lol.. i just bought one of this oldspice deos, 10 minutes ago.. keep up the great work craigix, and ignore this talking about your hairy nipples.. these people are only jealous of having a real male body... ;) :D
.. one question(maybe not the best place to ask): what are the plans about the breakout boards? as a student of electronic-engeeniering it would be great to have RS232/UART on to go.. :)

Lylep said:
So something is either a technical demonstration, or art?
I wasn't arguing it was a technical demonstration, I just said your claim he was "desperately trying to be an artist" was stupid.

OK maybe I should have said 'trying to be artistic', if you really want to split hairs.

Prometheus said:
I for one am very much looking forward to this video, Craig, and I'm grateful that you've taken the time to make it - keep it up. :)

Regarding the Mac, any idea what it did to the card? (Just recalling my time with Mac OS X, I know it had a habit of dropping ".trashes" directories and suchlike on removable media, which at least back then required you to empty the trash before removing the media should you have deleted anything from it, although I kind of doubt that that would be the problem... :p )

It does do the .trashes thing, which is annoying, but the bigger problem is that the USB drivers are buggy and if you wrote a lot of data sometimes it would crash and leave a corrupted filesystem. This happened to me under 10.4, I haven't tried 10.5 to see if it's any better. This happened so many times that I don't plug any usb drives into my mac anymore, and only use Linux for this.

I'm really surprised Apple shipped a product with such a bad bug, usually they are very strict with quality control.

I am all too aware of the ext2 vs. osx problem. I have made it a habit to write-protect (if possible) any media I insert to anything apple-related to avoid all the horrors osx will do to your media. If I absolutely NEED to use something in rw mode, I make sure to back up the contents first on a trustworthy platform. OSX works nice and dandy when you only use apple products but by Pandora's injection-molten case use caution when breaking this barrier.

EDIT: Oh, and very much looking forward to the new video :)

Back