Twitterix: New Vid In The Works

I for one really enjoyed Craig's video on the roof, although it was a bit predictable... after seeing him fall and skin his leg (which I know he didn't do on purpose), from the moment he went on the roof, I knew he was going to take a tumble.

The bit about the Wiz hitting him in the head was brilliant though. I laughed my ass off.

Looking forward to any videos you have for us, Craig.

BTW: Britain is beautiful... reminds me of Washington State. Having lived in Texas for the last five years, I forgot how green places can be and I always love passing through Ireland (never had the pleasure of seeing GB firsthand though) when I travel abroad.

What is that "ext2" everybody is talking about?
But seriously, for most Windows-guys there is only FAT or NTFS :lol:

I can't wait for another video, be it on the roof or inside the house, but it should at least include 90% Pandora ;)

PhonicUK said:
borgqueenx said:
we all want to see dosbox running commander keen :D

OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
But WITH FPS counter please. So we can compare. My GP2X also plays Commander Keen (4!) but not that great. Not really playable at least not compared to the feeling onto the PC. (Also because of the crappy GP2X F100 Stick)
FPS display in general would be a good Idea for Pandora Videos. And Clocking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
Pickle said:
PhonicUK said:
borgqueenx said:

You called and here I am!
Would be great pickle! Commander keen is the best platformer game that exists.
Keens 4-6, anyway. The earlier ones are just "good".

Hey, just for fun, maybe try out the recently-released new Keen 4 & 6 mods? Namely, Keys of Krodacia and Dead in the Desert. :)

foxblock said:

I can't wait for another video, be it on the roof or inside the house, but it should at least include 90% Pandora ;)

EXT2 is a Linux filesystem - and we use it for developing here, as we don't use the NAND yet.
It's easier and quicker putting the latest OS version on an SD Card :)

Last edited:
Esn said:
borgqueenx said:
Pickle said:
PhonicUK said:
borgqueenx said:

You called and here I am!
Would be great pickle! Commander keen is the best platformer game that exists.
Keens 4-6, anyway. The earlier ones are just "good".

Hey, just for fun, maybe try out the recently-released new Keen 4 & 6 mods? Namely, Keys of Krodacia and Dead in the Desert. :)
Keys of krodacia was fun, never thought of dead in the desert.
They need to mod keen 5, it got the greatest music.

borgqueenx said:
Keys of krodacia was fun, never thought of dead in the desert.
That's because Dead in the Desert (a mod of Keen 6 by the same guy who made "Keys of Krodacia", with new story, graphics, levels, music, etc.) was literally just released a few hours ago. :) I'd like to think that it would be a nice honour for the guy to see his work running on the Pandora. I'm really grateful to people like him who don't let the Keen series be forgotten. It's a real shame that, while Mario and Sonic evolved into decades-long franchises with some really interesting games, the creators of Commander Keen just let it die away. It's a good thing that fans don't give up so easily.

EvilDragon said:
foxblock said:

EXT2 is a Linux filesystem - and we use it for developing here, as we don't use the NAND yet.

Have you considered EXT4? I swapped to it from EXT3 and I have to admit it's considerably better, although comparatively speed wise I think ext2 may be fast than both of them due to no journaling, it's just the recovery of the latter 2 is better. Is ext2 likely to be faster than ext4?

Enverex said:
EvilDragon said:
foxblock said:

Have you considered EXT4? I swapped to it from EXT3 and I have to admit it's considerably better, although comparatively speed wise I think ext2 may be fast than both of them due to no journaling, it's just the recovery of the latter 2 is better. Is ext2 likely to be faster than ext4?

Pretty new to the Linux scene, but I'm not sure you'd want to use a journaled filesystem on a SD card... wouldn't that add a lot of overhead and slow down the writes?

I'm not sure which kernel they added ext4 support in, but I'm not sure I'd trust it myself (look at the issues Ubuntu Jaunty had with ext4 support (freezes, crashes, etc)... IDK though.)

As for SD cards, I'm pretty sure ext2 will be just fine.

michaeljustman said:
Enverex said:
EvilDragon said:
foxblock said:

Pretty new to the Linux scene, but I'm not sure you'd want to use a journaled filesystem on a SD card... wouldn't that add a lot of overhead and slow down the writes?

I'm not sure which kernel they added ext4 support in, but I'm not sure I'd trust it myself (look at the issues Ubuntu Jaunty had with ext4 support (freezes, crashes, etc)... IDK though.)

Journaling speeds up some things but slows down others which is where I wondered where it would land with the Pandora. With regards to Ubuntu, I pretty much ignore anything that happens on that distro because of what they do to it in general.

Enverex said:
michaeljustman said:
Enverex said:
EvilDragon said:
foxblock said:

Journaling speeds up some things but slows down others which is where I wondered where it would land with the Pandora. With regards to Ubuntu, I pretty much ignore anything that happens on that distro because of what they do to it in general.

In regards to Ubuntu, I'm considering switching because of all of the crap that they've done to the distro recently... when I can install the newest version of a Distro after leaving it 3 years ago and have hardware that worked out of the box on Edgy Eft that doesn't work on Jaunty... something is very wrong. The whole crap with Pulseaudio makes me very mad. And moving to the newer version of X.org that doesn't support the binary fglrx drivers from ATI for lot of cards without including the versions of the open source drivers that DO support them, really is too much.

I've actually been looking at Fedora as a replacement, but welcome any suggestions.

Wow sorry, I'll step down off my soap box and stop ranting.

michaeljustman said:
In regards to Ubuntu, I'm considering switching because of all of the crap that they've done to the distro recently... when I can install the newest version of a Distro after leaving it 3 years ago and have hardware that worked out of the box on Edgy Eft that doesn't work on Jaunty... something is very wrong. The whole crap with Pulseaudio makes me very mad. And moving to the newer version of X.org that doesn't support the binary fglrx drivers from ATI for lot of cards without including the versions of the open source drivers that DO support them, really is too much.

I've actually been looking at Fedora as a replacement, but welcome any suggestions.

I will +1 Fedora for you, a very awesome distro. I really hope that we'll get Fedora ARM for the Pandora (If not, I'll package it myself :p )

Only thing about Fedora is that you only get open-source stuff in the main repos; you'll need RPM Fusion repos to get binary drivers and stuff, and you have to install Flash using Adobe's installer on their homepage.

Lastest Tweet from Craigix, "My Pandora is almost back to normal". I guess the video will come sometime later today or tomorrow.

michaeljustman said:
Enverex said:
michaeljustman said:
Enverex said:
EvilDragon said:
foxblock said:

Fedora's nice, but you'd still have to deal with Pulseaudio. It's a good system if you don't get tired of the Release system. That's the reason I'm about to switch to Arch. (That and the fact that Arch will have a lot newer versions of everything in its repositories)

-God Ginrai

Back