Two New Videos From Gp32spain

Your links are broken. But it's better like this because direct links are not very nice! ;-)

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=23259

The videos and many images can be found at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

It'd be great if someone could translate the important parts of the review for non-spanish-speaking folks. :)

EDIT: The MPEG video is over 30MB, so beware... The AVI is only 7MB.
Both aren't terribly interesting and there's no sound, so you're better off with the pictures.

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=23264

Here's a picture of the TV-Out cable, which is indeed very very short.

Why is the spanish community so much ahead compared to the rest of the world?

Well the videos is from the Spanish reviewer. And The TV-outcable photo's been out for a while is on sale in gp32z.com...

I dont think they are ahead.

EDIT: Lol, the NDS is hueg!

Jarska333 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 07:14 PM said:
Is it just me, or did the unit take insane amount of time to actually switch on?

I think Craig mentioned something about a 20 second bootup time with the beta firmware...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dryer Lint posted on Oct 12 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
It'd be great if someone could translate the important parts of the review for non-spanish-speaking folks. :)
(..)

fishybawb posted on Oct 12 2005 at 08:22 PM said:
I think Craig mentioned something about a 20 second bootup time with the beta firmware...
Spain is different.. if you could understand Spanish, you would get shocked with GP32spain forums, there's always humour, and as we say it, "buen rollito", with a constant Hacapulco dialect in the background (you won't understand what is it until you read it)..

Back to the GP2X, I already translated the most important parts of the review in another thread, but anyway, here you have (there is nothing important):
Weight:
NDS..........270gr with battery
PSP..........273gr with battery
GP2X........157gr without batery. 193gr with them.

Some quick notes:
The console is a beta version, some hardware errors (most are already fixed in new units), unfinished hardware, cannot run software directly from SD, batteries don't work (need to use AC adapter)

-Much smaller than Anarchy thought first.
-Good screen
-Stick looks firstly a bit hard, but it's cool.
-Video playing is VERY good.
-Includes a menu showing the battery charge and a estimation of the time remaining.
-Preloading system with videos that makes them loading faster after you've loaded them the first time.

Excellent video playing. An example:
Compression: DivX 4 + LAME MP3
Lenght: 00:42:26
Resolution: 720x432
Bitrate: 905 kb/s.
Sound: 128 kb/s 44100Hz
FPS: 25.000
Size: 315MB

Supports SMI subtitles. Dual audio.. not yet tested.

Perfect MP3 and OGG playing.

Perfect image viewing, tested with resolutions 1600x1200, 1640x1200, 785x1100, fast loading, excellent quality.

Ebook option not available on current firm version.

It looks that the SD driver isn't finished, so loading from the SD is a bit slow at first, but when the video has loaded it plays smoothly.

And yes, the firmware beta takes tooooo much to load.. (in fact, that's the "new kernel" who whas put on the GP2X site some days ago).

Dryer Lint posted on Oct 12 2005 at 07:20 PM said:

Maybe because it has the biggest GP32 community in the world?
Spain is the only country outside Korea where the GP32 was officially launched.

And yes, the firmware beta takes tooooo much to load.. (in fact, that's the "new kernel" who whas put on the GP2X site some days ago).

It appears that there is a more recent kernel (10/11/05) available from gpx2.com. Perhaps this will fix the slowness. I suppose that only the people with dev/review units will be able to tell. Sorry if this has been addressed already.

CoinOp

Ahh man, I love testing Linux stuff, I run Gentoo and everything I run on it is marked as unstable and I run a few masked packages. Although I don't mess around with test kernels, but I bet everything in GPH kernel is stable anyway....

Thanx,
Stan

Spanish community is bigger, as my spanish friends said before, we had GP32 officially launched here. It was sold in many big shops all arround Spain, and we are a lot of people who have a GP32.

Just look at the numbers:

gp32x.de (world-wide community) - 5,530 registered users / Most users ever online was 198
GP32Spain.com (spanish community) - 12,737 registered users / Most users ever online was 599

Theres some spanish people registered in gp32x.de too :D

So I think the webmaster should change the "Latest posts from the biggest ;) GP32 and GP2X Discussion Board"

Hahah, just joking, both communities are not competence, just two really nice commuities that should be friends!!

:D :D :p :)

Hmm, the GP2X should be released in Germany or Russia, there are tons of programmers in those two countries, at least for Linux.

Thanx,
Stan

I think the only thing seprating ANY community is the language barrier, as long as we have people who can translate or speak both well enough to be understood the GP32/2X community is already huge and strong.

everyone pretty much already speaks english :D english isn't my first language, but i'm surprised to see a lot of people from non english speaking countries here that communicate well in english.

According to the review:
"The quality of the video is not very good, since a camera has been used that records on memory card to 320x240 and 23FPS"

So that does not show the actual quality of the video play. Usually video taken with digital cameras are grainy.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
I think we can safely assume video on GP2X should look pretty damn sweet even from these recordings... and the one Craig posted.
Wow, I just had a look at the 30MB movie, and the software clearly still needs some work... movies play seemingly at full rate, while displaying still pictures is surprisingly slow (watch the amount of time it takes between the guy clicking the shoulder button and the displayed picture changing - I haven't seen pictures take that long to decode since my first PC)

Tebb posted on Oct 13 2005 at 01:16 AM said:

Spanish community is bigger, as my spanish friends said before, we had GP32 officially launched here. It was sold in many big shops all arround Spain, and we are a lot of people who have a GP32.

Just look at the numbers:

gp32x.de (world-wide community) - 5,530 registered users / Most users ever online was 198
GP32Spain.com (spanish community) - 12,737 registered users / Most users ever online was 599

Theres some spanish people registered in gp32x.de too :D

So I think the webmaster should change the "Latest posts from the biggest ;) GP32 and GP2X Discussion Board"

Hahah, just joking, both communities are not competence, just two really nice commuities that should be friends!!

:D :D :p :)

You may have more people, but they're lean and mean, while we are lazy blobs of fat. We're still "bigger"... :)

Who ate my munchies!? <_<

Jarska333 posted on Oct 13 2005 at 10:28 AM said:
You may have more people, but they're lean and mean, while we are lazy blobs of fat. We're still "bigger"... :)

Who ate my munchies!? <_<
Hey, we're not an american community, are we ? :huh: ;) :lol:

Back