Two Sdhc Memory Card Slot, Which One Is Used For What?

R.B

SDHC Memory card slot

There are two Memory card slot, which one is used for what? andwhat size and what speed memory cards should I use?

As long as you name your cards, you wont have to care if you use left or right slot.

You want a cardd fast for reading, but the class only mark for write speed and usually higher class card get tthat mark because reading sucks.
the sweet stop is between class 4 and class 6 depending on brands.

sebt3 said:
As long as you name your cards, you wont have to care if you use left or right slot.

You want a cardd fast for reading, but the class only mark for write speed and usually higher class card get tthat mark because reading sucks.

I don’t understand, a class 10 has a faster R&W so why notuse them and what size SDHC for slot 1 and slot 2 and what files do you put onone and what on 2 two

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
You can put whatever files you like on either one of them.

Jeffphone

Thank you, so any size card as well, what mem cards are you using

R.B said:
sebt3 said:

I don’t understand, a class 10 has a faster R&W so why notuse them and what size SDHC for slot 1 and slot 2 and what files do you put onone and what on 2 two

Class 10 means at least 10mb/s read and write but the class 10s ive used are about 11/11 r/w
Class 4 however just means atleast 4mb/s read/write but the read speed is usually alot better e.g my class 4 has a 16mb read speed.
I could be wrong here,
i have class 10 32gb card and a class 4 16gb card (and several smaller ones) I dont notice the difference in speed between them unless writing 500mb+ files from pc

R.B said:
SDHC Memory card slot

There are two Memory card slot, which one is used for what? andwhat size and what speed memory cards should I use?

Only the left slot can be booted from AFAICT.

I got a cheap 16GB and a fast 4GB card, one for bulky blobs and the other if i ever feel like something's too slow. But so far that hasn't happened.

SDHC Card 1 (Pandorasd1): pnds, roms beside of psx, and documents (this card is on the right slot), SDHC Card 2 "neuer Datenträger": Musik, PSX Roms (because there are too big to fit on Card 1), (this card is on the left slot), each 16gb, also 32gb..)

Back