32gb sdhc card

sukhi2011

I know pandora can take upto 32gb in one slot,which sdhc memory card is compatible,does it matter which class it is?

I answered this for you in the other thread where you asked about it. ;)

Basically, though, as long as you don't buy fakes from eBay or from dodgy sellers outside of eBay, you'll generally be fine (please, please, please avoid eBay and such sellers!). However, some manufacturers use parts which work strangely (for example, some Kingston cards have issues with this) and may cause issues, and some users (including myself) have encountered write-corruption on some, but not all, faster cards (generally Class 6 and Class 10). This latter point is believed to be due to an issue with the SD Card drivers, and whilst it doesn't affect all high-speed cards, it's just something to be mindful of.

A sensible recommendation for a card that would almost certainly work very well would therefore be, for example, a Class 2 or Class 4 card made by SanDisk. SanDisk are highly recommended, because unlike many other SD Card manufacturers, they manufacture all of their own parts and tend to produce very high-quality devices as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sandisk cards are better in class 2 or 4 understood.

Have you ever issue like where you put games or movie files into the kingston memory card and then played in any device then when take them out and put them back pc card reader and then it won't read the card anymore,what's all that about?

^ I haven't come across that with Kingston cards (I only have two or three of them, and stopped buying Kingston products after reading this article), but my understanding (although I may well be misremembering) is that that's a possible result of the strange workings of the controllers that are apparently used in Kingston's SD Cards.

I picked up a pair of 32GB Kingstons .. only used one so far, but so far so good (FAT32 filesytem on it right now.)

jeff

Yeah. I've got a 32gb and 2 x 16gb (a class 4 and a class 6) and have had no issues with any of them.

Prometheus .. wow, that Kingston writeup is pretty damning ... whats the emoticon for smoke coming out of ears? :)

jeff

xXUpP.png

no its not good to buy from ebay, actually its extremely bad....DONT BUY FROM EBAY!

newegg is the safest i think, then amazon themselves, and after that amazon's third parties with e-stores.

My sd card reades all cards.

Yes it appears in device manager

Back