32gb sdhc card

I know pandora can take upto 32gb in one slot,which sdhc memory card is compatible,does it matter which class it is?

I'm using Patriot LX 32GB class 10 cards. I have 4 of them - they have all worked great for me.

Speed does matter. A class 2 card may be fast enough to linearly transfer enough data to keep an audio file rolling, but if you want to do that AND surf from a web browser on the card AND copy files AND have your music player add all 2000+ of your songs to your playlist inside of this year, then you might want something faster.

My opinion only.

Grench

I know pandora can take upto 32gb in one slot,which sdhc memory card is compatible,does it matter which class it is?

I'm using Patriot LX 32GB class 10 cards. I have 4 of them - they have all worked great for me.

Speed does matter. A class 2 card may be fast enough to linearly transfer enough data to keep an audio file rolling, but if you want to do that AND surf from a web browser on the card AND copy files AND have your music player add all 2000+ of your songs to your playlist inside of this year, then you might want something faster.

My opinion only.

Grench
Are you saying that higher the class more slower the transfer and high class cards are cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered play.com 32gb sdhc memory card,wow it is fantastic and it's not fake totally original and it only cost £23.99,this is one of the most cheap memory card i have bought.

I did wanted to buy 32gb card but when i saw this at good price i instantly ordered in few seconds,when of the best deal on a original memory card.

Tell me what's wrong with this micro sdhc card, supposedly 32gb. Another item I bought on ebay. I got the card and all, it reads 29.something gb on my computer but, doesn't hold anything past 2gb. At least that is the way it seems. If I copy the files on the root of the card, it will show but, they won't open. If it's folders, once I remove the card from my pc, the folders end up empty. I try to move all the content on my 16gb card to it, eveything was copied over and the card reads that it is 16gb full but, all the folders pass the 2gb mark are empty. Its like as if they are invisble cause in my pc folder view it shows there are files in there.

Tell me what's wrong with this micro sdhc card, supposedly 32gb.
Ok, I can do that (before anyone goes shining the Prometheus Signal).

Another item I bought on ebay.
This is what's wrong.

:p

To expand on this, the card is fake - the controller-chip has been hacked in order to lie about its capacity. False-capacity items like this comprise what's believed to be at least 99% of flash media found on eBay. You will be able to verify this for certain using H2testw (Microsoft Windows, but also works with x86 Linux via WINE) or F3 (open source alternative for Linux).

The solution is, of course, not to risk buying on eBay, or from third-party sellers on well-known online retailers' sites (I will, as usual, stress that I'm not saying that all third-party sellers of flash-media are bad - however, this route is becoming increasingly used as another avenue for selling fakes, which unfortunately makes it more difficult for the genuine vendors of such goods, and an absolute minefield for customers).

If this was a recent purchase, please test it as I explained above, and follow the instructions here to report the card and your seller to SOSFakeFlash.

More information about fake cards is available in an article I penned here, which is one of this section's stickies.

I just bought a Sandisk Ultra class 4 4gb card for 7.95 at Walgreens yesterday and it works fine.

I thought that was a good price from a reputable store.

I was told way back in this forum to beware of buying cards from ebay.

Not that that helps anyone now :wacko:
If it helped you, then it's helped someone! ;)

I don't understand why certain brand cards are thicker than others??

Cheaper to make?
My understanding is that the SD Card specifications only specify a maximum thickness, and that there has to be some leeway because I'm pretty sure that some cards (at least, I think it's some, and not all - I admit that I'm slightly unsure on this point) also have to be backwards-compatible with the old MMC specification ("MultiMediaCard" - it's the forerunner of the SD standard) as well, and that specification had slightly different dimensions.

As long as it's within spec (the SD specification apparently states 32x24x2.1mm), I don't think it could do any harm to the SD slot. More likely it will just wear down a bit with use - that's been what I've encountered with cards like that, at any rate.

Darn it, so its a 2gb card. Well, lesson learn. Thanks. Thats bad for ebay though all these scams.

If you still have the info about the transaction, make sure to report it to SOSFakeFlash - even if it was a year or two ago, that doesn't matter. Every report helps them.

That recent, eh?

The removal is typical - these sellers seem to be doing a lot of dump-and-run nowadays. Chase it up via PayPal's Dispute Centre - you might still be able to get a refund.

That recent, eh?

The removal is typical - these sellers seem to be doing a lot of dump-and-run nowadays. Chase it up via PayPal's Dispute Centre - you might still be able to get a refund.
Thanks. I will try that.

test results: Warning: Only 29899 of 29900 MByte tested.

The media is likely to be defective.

1.8 GByte OK (3971040 sectors)

27.3 GByte DATA LOST (57262112 sectors)

Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)

0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)

27.3 GByte corrupted (57262112 sectors)

0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)

First error at offset: 0x00000000781fc000

Expected: 0x00000000781fc000

Found: 0x0000000000000000

H2testw version 1.3

Writing speed: 3.61 MByte/s

Reading speed: 5.28 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Haven't you been told not to buy SD cards from eBay before, sukhi?

He just bought one from play.com (frz got theirs on ebay) - but Sukhi would do well to go back to the thread start, the OPs fake card came from a play.com seller - much of Play.com's stuff is from 3rd party sellers, it's unortunate for legitimate dealers on those sites but unless you have cash to burn you'd be well advised when buying cards on play.com or even amazon, to restrict your searches to those sold by the site itself.

On that thorny old speed issue, wasn't it established that class 10 was overkill? Something about the Pandora max write speed met with a class 6? Most of mine are Sandisk class 4, never had any issues.

Back