Two-sider!

Quiest

I like turtles!
Two-Sider is some sort of action arcade game. I think, at least.

It`s a bit unfinished yet, some bugs and no nice graphics,
but I`m going to polish it in the next few days.

UPDATE1: v0.2: Already fixed some bugs and polished the sprites a bit.
UPDATE2: v0.3: Added music, and a config menu.
UPDATE3: v0.4: Sound FX!!!

Download here!

Thanks!

bourbon posted on Mar 3 2005 at 03:54 AM said:
WooooT!!! This game kicks ass!!!! Its just great for passing the time. Are u planning to implament sound :) ?

Bourbon

According to the readme file he is :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarska333 posted on Mar 3 2005 at 06:13 AM said:
Description? :)

Well, I think it`s a shooter of some sorts...
Read the readme, if you want other descriptions...

if its editing of graphics, maybe i can help a bit...but not if it's making them from scratch

There is only work on the backgrounds left, I think I can do that by myself.
But thanks anyway! :D

I added mod music and updated the config menu to choose between three different mods, but now I have an ugly bug, the menu chooser arrow exists as often as you exit the config menu, and if you start the game, the game process is called that many times. This really pisses me off. I`m quiting the process for sure, so I can`t find the damn bug.

Arg! :angry:

But at least choosing the music works...

EDIT: Damn, I`m stupid. Found this shitty bug and killed it!
I wanted to updated the download link, but I just noticed that this damn host I signed in yesterday (for free) doesn`t allow files larger than 200kb!

Anybody knows a good free hosting service? (I don`t need much space, some mb should be enough.) Every free hosting service I checked doesn`t allow zip files on their servers. Thats stupid.

Quiest posted on Mar 3 2005 at 02:26 PM said:
I wanted to updated the download link, but I just noticed that this damn host I signed in yesterday (for free) doesn`t allow files larger than 200kb!

Anybody knows a good free hosting service? (I don`t need much space, some mb should be enough)

Send it to me, and I'll host it ;)

Last edited:
Good job Quiest, a genuinely interesting game idea too!
Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future :)

The Wub posted on Mar 3 2005 at 04:15 PM said:
Good job Quiest, a genuinely interesting game idea too!
Looking forward to seeing more stuff from you in the future :)

Will try it when i get home. But think its so great that people are writing stuff.

just loving my new toy more and more :D

Nice game...

How on earth did you come up with this idea?

ooh!! Let me guess!

You encountered the splitscreen-bug in some emulator while playing Crazy Comets :p

Nah - Seriously... Nice work

Thanks people!

I played a game some time ago at a friends house (I think it was a freeware game) that was a bit like this one... so I thought, the idea is nice, why not try to make it for the gp32. Sadly, I can`t rememver the name...

As soon as I know whats wrong with the processes,because more than one ball of the same color, and they start to act strange (some variable problems, don`t really know, but it should have something to do with my globals and locals), I`ll make the the game what it should be!

You see, I wanted for example one red ball coming in, and if you shoot it, it splits up into two blue balls going different directions, and each blue one again produces two green ones.
I wanted to add levels, and when you destroyed all balls, you should advance to the next level, encountering more more balls... you know, the usual stuff...

Quiest posted on Mar 3 2005 at 05:02 PM said:
You see, I wanted for example one red ball coming in, and if you shoot it, it splits up into two blue balls going different directions, and each blue one again produces two green ones.
I wanted to add levels, and when you destroyed all balls, you should advance to the next level, encountering more more balls... you know, the usual stuff...

Sounds like Pang, there is a homebrew remake of it so maybe this is what you saw?

You might want to make the sprites all a bit smaller to make the play area seem bigger. That would help if you make the balls split into 2 or more smaller balls as it's already quite hard ;) Just a thought!

The Wub posted on Mar 3 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Quiest posted on Mar 3 2005 at 05:02 PM said:

Sounds like Pang, there is a homebrew remake of it so maybe this is what you saw?

You might want to make the sprites all a bit smaller to make the play area seem bigger. That would help if you make the balls split into 2 or more smaller balls as it's already quite hard ;) Just a thought!

Well yes it sounds like Pang, but it shouldn`t be, i hate Pang. This is more action, or it should be B)
Yes I know its hard to hit them. But the more there, the easier it gets make a hit ;)
And the red ball is the largest, followed by blue, and green is the smallest.
I know the red ball isn`t appearing after you hit a green ball, bacuse I don`t kill the bullet process (I made this at the start, and all bullets vanished from screen, stupid processes :D ) So I have to think of something to make the balls invincible for some second after they appeared.

well...it sounds similar to duality. If thats the case, then I'm VERY happy!

At any rate I have no time to d/l it now but will give it a try tomorrow

Sounds like an old C=64 or Amiga/ST game... Something about combatting a disease, by shooting colored bals (vaccine) at similarly colored viruses/bacteria... But for the life of me, I can't remember the name... I believe it had gravity, so you needed to think ballistically... And some of the bacteria were tied together, for interesting results, if one was hit.

And I think the box art had one of those C/O desk-toy things, 5 steel balls in a row, one is lifted and the released to hit the next one, resulting in the furthest ball to be bumped up, and the in-betweens hardly moving..

:huh: :unsure: :blink: :(

Quiest posted on Mar 3 2005 at 02:26 PM said:

Anybody knows a good free hosting service? (I don`t need much space, some mb should be enough)

Arcor is quite good. It's free and you have 30 or 50 mb webspace

Jarska333 posted on Mar 3 2005 at 09:34 PM said:
Sounds like an old C=64 or Amiga/ST game... Something about combatting a disease, by shooting colored bals (vaccine) at similarly colored viruses/bacteria... But for the life of me, I can't remember the name... I believe it had gravity, so you needed to think ballistically... And some of the bacteria were tied together, for interesting results, if one was hit.

And I think the box art had one of those C/O desk-toy things, 5 steel balls in a row, one is lifted and the released to hit the next one, resulting in the furthest ball to be bumped up, and the in-betweens hardly moving..

:huh: :unsure: :blink: :(

No thats something completely different. Here you don`t shoot balls, you shoot at balls.

But duality sounds familiar... isn`t that one of those arcade games in GTA San Andreas? Two-Sider is not anywhere near that.

EDIT:
I contacted that friend of mine, and he remembered the name: DUO or D U O.
Found the homepage here: www.binaryzoo.com
Looks way better than my version :D (or :( ?)

Back