U64emu SDL source released.

Gausen

I remember playing KI 1 and 2 with this emu on my old AMD K6-3 550MHz. This emu used to be called Kiame. The performance was really good for KI 1 (i think it was full speed) but not so much for KI 2 (though with an AMD Duron 700MHz both games where full speed). I don't know anything about programming for Pandora, but maybe this source can help some interested developer.

Perhaps this emu can provide a way to have a better performance emulation for KI 1 and 2.

You can download the source from this thread:

http://www.emutalk.n...SDL-3-02-1-Beta

(you have to register to download)

Not sure you noticed but this post is nearly 8 years old. Source is available for other N64 emulators (KI is similar to N64 hardware). Pandora N64 emulation only got where it was thanks to large amounts of new work on CPU emulation targeting ARM and GPU emulation targeting OpenGL ES 2; this emulator would need the same attention. You might be able to transplant some of the code from Mupen64plus but it'd still probably be a lot of work to get all the interfaces aligned. That said, have you tried the N64 version?

Yes, its a very old thread. I just posted this because of the low hardware requirement it has. Those games worked fine with low end hardware and as today i have speed issues with the new versions of MAME on a Core2Duo. I know that this arcade machines shared some hardware with the N64. I also remember that the author of this emu mentioned back in the day that he took the very same approach for making the emulator you just mention (using parts of an N64 emulator). I can see its a lot of work and that there should be better ways of doing this.

I used to play this games a lot in arcades and today i still playing them on SNES and N64. I don't have a Pandora so i can't tell how does KI Gold run on it. I do like the 3D backgrounds on KI Gold, but the sprites look too blurred (though it still an excellent version of KI2). KI 1 on SNES its visually crippled, but the gameplay is awesome (I don't know how to define it, its just frantic, faster than the arcade).

Thanks for the clarification!

Back