Release UAE EX - A1200 + WorkBench 3.1 Video

YES this is why I bought the Pandora in the first place.

Once I can get Amiga 1200 emulation on there, drop in my HD image file and just play, I'll never stop playing with Pandora.

I had a 4000 but can't think of any games other than Digital Illusions Pinball series or Wing Commander that really used the AGA capabilities.

The extra speed came in handy for stuff like Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix but it still only ran in the basic colours.

Having said that Amiga on Pandora is one of the reasons I'm getting one.

For all you Amiga heads :D (myself included) the AROS Project is working on making AROS run natively on the Amiga hardware. Just a heads up. Can't wait to try this when I get my Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 4000 but can't think of any games other than Digital Illusions Pinball series or Wing Commander that really used the AGA capabilities.

The extra speed came in handy for stuff like Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix but it still only ran in the basic colours.

Don't forget Slam Tilt, Robocod AGA (with levels that I don't think appeared on any other version!), Theme Park AGA, UFO Enemy Unknown, Alien Breed 3D, and lest we forget, Worms DC!! :)

DOH! What a moron.

AGA Scene demo's, man I could sit and watch those for hours.

Don't forget Slam Tilt, Robocod AGA (with levels that I don't think appeared on any other version!), Theme Park AGA, UFO Enemy Unknown, Alien Breed 3D, and lest we forget, Worms DC!! :)
Yeah there was plenty of good aga games.Many were also on the cd32 admittedly but what the heck.There were several very good games late in the 1200s life like capital punishment,maim and mangle,onescapee(an another world type game) hellpigs,nightlong and such.

Hmm does anyone know if its possible for this or any amiga emulator to run games that required an accelerator card and other enhancements as there was some very good games towards the end of the 1200s life that were more high spec, like onescapee and maim and mangle etc.

Yeah Gloom was a decent Doom clone. Played that on 4000, I'd like to play that again.

Great! The Pandora (and every Amiga-Fan, like me) really needs such an advances Amiga emulator!

(I just wish that when it's done, you could decide to upload it somewhere, where people will actually be able to find and download it ... )

@ StreaK, I'd just like to +1 the above. Please consider putting your stuff on the Repo as mentioned on your facebook page

Check out for repo.openpandora.org -> check apps ported by author: StreaK

Apologies if it's just my poor search skills that prevent me from finding your pnds on the repo.

I fully appreciate that it is entirely your choice what you do with your work but it seems a real shame to 'hide your light under a bushel'.

Again, many thanks for working on an Amiga 1200 emulator, really looking forward to a bit of AGA pinball + HD loading.

Great! The Pandora (and every Amiga-Fan, like me) really needs such an advances Amiga emulator!

(I just wish that when it's done, you could decide to upload it somewhere, where people will actually be able to find and download it ... )

@ StreaK, I'd just like to +1 the above. Please consider putting your stuff on the Repo as mentioned on your facebook page

Check out for repo.openpandora.org -> check apps ported by author: StreaK

Apologies if it's just my poor search skills that prevent me from finding your pnds on the repo.

I fully appreciate that it is entirely your choice what you do with your work but it seems a real shame to 'hide your light under a bushel'.

Again, many thanks for working on an Amiga 1200 emulator, really looking forward to a bit of AGA pinball + HD loading.
+1 to this.Please consider releasing this emulator on the repo. Just ignore the complainers.Im certain it will be a hugely popular emulator. Either way i am looking forward to this.

uae, winuae, e-uae, panduae, uae4all, uae ex, ... - Quite some uae-ports around for the different platforms, but hey here is another one i found: P-UAE

Maybe you are interested in some of the code as from what this description says, it brings rather new changes from WinUAE to the linux-platform. So maybe you can/want to use some code from it.

Direct link to the git-hub: https://github.com/GnoStiC/PUAE

hmpf, i thought for a moment that p-uae also sounds familiar somehow. There we have the proof that i lost the overview. =) Thanks.

I know I am repeating what others said...

But this is the reason why I bought a Pandora .... AGA - Harddrive - whdload

This release will be Huge !!!

Okay bit of a longshot.

As you can use WHDLoad on this emulator. Is there anyway, to command line load a WHDload file, and put all of these into a Picklelauncher/something else, so basically you can load up the amiga game you want immediately without having to trawl through the amiga OS (like happens in other console emulators)

Just to be clear, I am still extremely happy with this emulator, just an honest question :)

You are? Did i miss a download to a pnd somewhere? I browsed through the facebook-wall several times and didn't find any download-link.

It should work to launch whdload-games directly on emulator-launch, if the harddisk is handled in a native directory that you can access from Linux. You would have to write a script that exchanges the amiga-startup-sequence-file to directly load a whd-game.

If harddisc-files and not plain directories are being used, then the situation is a bit different. The only thing i could think of would be to make a hd-file for the workbench and one hd-file for each game and specify that second file depending on which game you want to run. Or of course set up a complete system for each game, which would bloat things up.

In any way it would involve manual set up for each game, unless you further automate the process. For winuae on the pc there exists (or existed) something like that: "Gamebase Amiga" IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back