Uae4all Feature Requests

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site
Now that UAE4ALL is fullspeed with many games a couple of features that would increase compatibility would be the following:

The option to have 512k chip and 512k fast/slow instead of 1mb chip all the time. 1mb chip actually breaks a few games like street rod and super cars and others.

The option to have 512k chip alone same reason as above.

The option to disable df1: having this enabled also breaks some games and slows other games down as they check the second drive for a non existent disk periodically.

The option to add more than one extra drive would also be handy.

I am not sure if these can be added easily as they probably deviate from Chui's original codebase.

Thanks for everything you have done so far critical, gn0stic and notaz.

A definable control scheme wouldn't go astray either so buttons could be used for up for example or other games with weird control schemes could be set up but I think the memory and disk drive options would make more games playable.

Have you tried booting relokick to see if it tricks the emu liked it used to trick the real amiga into 512k mode? It should work I guess as a quick fix.

Pretty pleased to see a portable amiga too.

Mapping amiga keyboard keys to gp2x keys is on top of my wish list. I recently discovered that the latest Frodo (C64 emu) has this feature and I must say it is pretty handy in those old, ancient,dated, but fun, simulation games...

I remember using this feature in the old gp32-atari-ST-emu. It also featured a config file to map buttons...

But hey not complaining over here... just filling in the topic...

craigix said:
Have you tried booting relokick to see if it tricks the emu liked it used to trick the real amiga into 512k mode? It should work I guess as a quick fix.
Or what about that package called degrader

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of those are made for newer amigas but its a good idea as I'm sure other apps on aminet must do it. I even have some adfs with modified bootblocks that have a menu that enables you to disable certain things.

Still would be nice to have it on the emu. :)

Iorgy77 said:
The option to have 512k chip and 512k fast/slow instead of 1mb chip all the time. 1mb chip actually breaks a few games like street rod and super cars and others.

The option to disable df1: having this enabled also breaks some games and slows other games down as they check the second drive for a non existent disk periodically.
I talked about these options on a different thread but they seem to know better saying UAE4All doesn't need it !! You can't win 'em all I suppose.

liveevil said:
Iorgy77 said:

I talked about these options on a different thread but they seem to know better saying UAE4All doesn't need it !! You can't win 'em all I suppose.

Sorry that was me! I thought you were asking for more memory. Forgive me

Thing is Im used to downgrading my amiga with software such as relokick runit degrader fakefast.If you use kick2.0 + you can disable df1 in the amiga early startup.

Can these options (disk drive memory) be changed in the cmd line that notaz mentioned he added??

Binding a button to joystick-up would help on some platformers (like Turrican II). Dunno if that would be cheating tho.. ;)

Iorgy77 said:
You would need up to be on the joystic as well at the same time otherwise you wouldnt be able to aim the beam.
The beam is aimed with left/right :p And yes, up must still work ofcourse, for other games that needs it. I meant as an additional way to control it :)

Yes of course you are right, I recently played a PC turrican remake that allowed you to aim up unlike turrican and I mapped up to jump as well and the aim went all screwy ;)

Changing the chipmem size is done. The "disable df1" option can be added easily. I'm working on the keymapping (still). I've re-organised the menus to cope with the number of new options, keeping the commonly-used ones on the main menu. I plan to allow per-game settings to be persisted, based on what's in df0: at the time of run/save settings. I have a cradle now, so I can look at using an external keyboard.

Hope to get a release out within a week or so.

critical said:
Changing the chipmem size is done. The "disable df1" option can be added easily. I'm working on the keymapping (still). I've re-organised the menus to cope with the number of new options, keeping the commonly-used ones on the main menu. I plan to allow per-game settings to be persisted, based on what's in df0: at the time of run/save settings. I have a cradle now, so I can look at using an external keyboard.

Thank you very much :)

critical said:

OMG! That's so awesome, Critical. Thanks for yours and everyone else's continual work on the Amiga emulation scene on the GP2X, It's getting exciting just logging onto the board these days! The per-game settings feature sounds incredibly useful, can't wait to see it.

I'm also curious to see what Gnostic comes up with when he finishes with VICE. I rather enjoyed UAE2X. Beautiful front end, and it actually performed well on my unit even though mine only overclocks to 250.

Mac

My top two wishes for uae4all:

1. Game save states
2. Inserting an image in df1 without using the command line params

It is an excellent emulator though - shadow of the beast is a joy to play.

antaresuk said:
2. Inserting an image in df1 without using the command line params
Instead of pressing B to insert the disk image into df0:, press X to put it in df1:. Has that stopped working?

Back