Uae4All Help?

socket

Very Active Member
I haven't touched Amiga emulation in a long time. I'm having trouble running anything. I get a black screen on anything I try. Any ideas?

I have various kick.roms I've tried and have a small collection of old games. Anyone get this working? If so let me know how!

While we're here.

Does anyone know what the white box with a picture of a hand holding a floppy disc signifies?

is there some documentation that goes with uae4all?
i have all the kickstart roms on my pc but i dont know which i need to use or which dir to put it in...

i extracted and renamed Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[!].rar to kick.rom and put it in the appdata folder. the emulator seemed to accept this and took me to the screen to select my image file. i tried the new zealand story (.ipf file) and spaceballs state of the art (.dms file) and both just crashed the emulator.

what am i doing wrong?

Have pm'd you gibberish. For anyone else that is stuck, read my basic tutorial it may help
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=863267

or just click on my sig

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
Sarlix said:
While we're here.

Does anyone know what the white box with a picture of a hand holding a floppy disc signifies?

I think it might be telling you to put one in.

Sure, but the picture in question has 'workbench' written on it. From what I understand that is the Amiga OS. But you don't need workbench to load a game?... I have never actually used an Amiga before so I'm just guessing. I presumed it was asking to load workbench 2.1 specifically, rather than just a disc.

I'm trying to find a way to make my original sentence seem less stupid. It sounded like a good question at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Workbench 2.1 would not work with Kickstart 1.3

It's simply saying 'insert a disk'. The fact that it has workbench on is not really significant. Perhaps the designers thought that everybody using the Amiga would want to load workbench before loading a game.

Back