Uae4allgp2x 0.8.0 Beta By Noldor

well this was unexpected yet very pleasing surprise.

Cant wait to try it. Just have to find my sd card with the amiga games on

THANK YOU!!

I CANNNTTT FIND ITTTT

notaz said:
[
If you want to save Cyclone's state, use these functions:
CODE

// Functions for saving and restoring state.
// CycloneUnpack() uses checkpc(), so it must be initialized.
// save_buffer must point to buffer of 128 (0x80) bytes of size.
void CyclonePack(const struct Cyclone *pcy, void *save_buffer);
void CycloneUnpack(struct Cyclone *pcy, const void *save_buffer);
Feel free to ask if you have any questions about Cyclone core.

Yes my problem is after restored the buffer with CycloneUnpack... how to initialise correctly the p.c.? (or the p.c. is inside the buffer restored?) I placed the restore call inside m68k_go (like pspuae)
CODE
void m68k_go (int may_quit)
{
gui_purge_events();
#if !defined(DREAMCAST) || defined(DEBUG_UAE4ALL)
if (in_m68k_go || !may_quit) {
#ifdef DEBUG_UAE4ALL
puts("Bug! m68k_go is not reentrant.\n");
#endif
return;
}

in_m68k_go++;
#endif
quit_program = 2;
for (;;) {
if (quit_program > 0) {
if (quit_program == 1)
break;
quit_program = 0;
if (savestate_state == STATE_RESTORE)
{
//memory_cleanup ();
flagtest=1;
load_snapshot ("snapshot.snp");
}

give me "Cyclone problem: branched to unknown memory location..." ( for the restore I'm use this CycloneUnpack(&m68k_context,chunk)... maybe it is wrong?)

coevin said:
ok i apologise as these are probably really dumb questions.
1) is it possible to set up a multi disk game in all the drives to reduce the need of swapping?
2) What does the auto saving function do? Can i save mid game?
Cheers
1) yes: you can save game config (with eventually up to 4 disk inserted)
2) it is the old "amiga save" (games like dune for example)... it is no a savastate :)

rokdcasbah said:
was working on different virtual keyboard graphic a while ago, and received word that others had as well. is this something anyone would be interested in (especially noldor73)? if so i can finish it up. just putting it out there, hope i'm not imposing by making a public post, since it's obviously not my project :)

uae_vkbd.png
It is cool :)
Yes you can finisih it, then we try to implement this vkeyboard :)
(you can send this actal version in png format to the mail inside the 0.8.0 read me :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work! Youve sorted out my xmas!
Also please implement rokdcasbah's keyboard layout! Looks awesome!

Also, i dont know if its down to my disk image, however PP Hammer is giving out a few graphical glitches in game.
Just thought id report it incase its something you can fix/need to know for future releases :)

Cheers!

Adam

would be awesome if savestates become a reality i grew up on the amiga but this emu doesnt get much play time due to the lack of time required to play a game without savestates. Keep up the good work guys

When it rains, it pours! Great work!

rokdcasbah: That's a nice keyboard design. Maybe it could be applied to other emus (like MSX) as well.

Still cant find my sd and was wondering if Ham modes are supported again yet. If not that could be whats causing Cauterize problem.

For some reason I can't bring up the keyboard, it was the Right sb in the previous version right? (in one of the control modes) tried all three and every button and no joy bringing up the vkeyboard.

Have a f200 by the way if that makes any difference

edit: nevermind working now

What about this keyboard?

tinyboardqo9.png

I designed it for the Mac emulator but it could be easily modified to fit the amiga.

I'm sure many people would like touchscreen support...I don't even have a f-200 yet I'm drooling over the idea.

Blah said:
I'm sure many people would like touchscreen support...I don't even have a f-200 yet I'm drooling over the idea.
Oooooh, yes! If you ever decide to add touchscreen support, I'd be glad to help test on my F-200. It would make things like virtual keyboard much more user friendly. :D

I vote for touchscreen support for both the VKeyboard AND the mouse too. Using the Touchscreen, you could use the screen for mouse control and the D-pad for the game controller like a real Amiga, no need to switch back and forth. Using the Keyboard with the d-pad is tedious as well, it would be much better with the touchscreen.

Hi - Is it possible to run UGH! on this Amiga emulator? I've tried 8 versions from TOSEC. Which kickstart should I use? What config to run this game? thanks in advance for help :)

noldor73 said:
Yes my problem is after restored the buffer with CycloneUnpack... how to initialise correctly the p.c.? (or the p.c. is inside the buffer restored?) I placed the restore call inside m68k_go (like pspuae)

[...]

give me "Cyclone problem: branched to unknown memory location..." ( for the restore I'm use this CycloneUnpack(&m68k_context,chunk)... maybe it is wrong?)

You don't have to do anything with PC, CyclonePack/CycloneUnpack should handle everything for you. It's not clear how you use those functions from the code you posted, you can PM me your code for review if you wish.

guayar said:
Hi - Is it possible to run UGH! on this Amiga emulator? I've tried 8 versions from TOSEC. Which kickstart should I use? What config to run this game? thanks in advance for help :)
Ugh! it is only compatible with 0.7.0 version.

@notaz: a PM for you :)

Thank you very much for the update noldor73. I have sadly not had the time to test it yet, but will very soon. Just the idea that this project is once again active is awesome. Grazie!

I'm pleased to report that Alien Breed SE 92 works (although not quite....after you log out of the intex terminal it seems to fire the gun automatically ie without me touching the fire button).

Incidently, I cannot get out of the intex weapons menu by pressing the left button?? Has anyone managed this or is it just me?

noldor73 said:
b_o_b said:
Great. Are we going to see savestate support in the future? Would be very nice.
I'm working on it... but I'm some problems with cpu restoring state. (I'm not a guru programmer, I'm simple an Amiga fan :D )

savestate support would be very helfpul, some games need so much time to load, skipping this would be cool

Thanks for working on this emulator! Amiga games were so great in their day. I have two Amiga 500s to this day.

Cheezer said:
Thanks for working on this emulator! Amiga games were so great in their day. I have two Amiga 500s to this day.
You should not have said that about you having two Amiga 500s, it will start again *sigh*

;)

Back