Uh..usb Cable Bump Thingy?

Loubear

Ok...I was wondering if anyone knew where to get one of those usb cable...bump things..you know, that weird tubular cylindrical bump on data cables...

thelamer posted on May 2 2006 at 11:21 PM said:
Could you please elaborate ? Weird tubular bump ?

He means this:

usbcable3tp.jpg

... I'm assuming here, but I think this is it ...

Last edited by a moderator:
They shouldn't be supplied on USB cables anyway, and specially on USB2.0 compatible ones; but most people just stick them on everything, not bothering to read the specs.

Huh? Wow, absolutely no-one knows what I'm talking about... Anyways, I'm using them for a ext to usb cable as I really don't want to pay 30 pounds for a host from artaylor.com...(that's like 60 bucks american, w/o shipping). I really don't care what they're for, their just to cover the wire splicing that I'm going to have to do. I don't like the idea of using...duct tape or something...

@TelcoLou
What are you talking about?

Wow .... I really had no clue what you meant ... I'm still not sure .... you need something to cover wire splices? Like shrink-wrap tubing, that shrinks tight around splices with the application of heat from a blow-dryer for example???

Something like that..I don't want to open up the pins in the ext jack, so I'm rearranging the wires... in a phone cable perhaps. Here's an example.
usb_cable.jpg

Yea..I'll just add a bulge and thats it..Might take..some time...

Oh yea, the male to female dongle thingy, and a hub too.

TelcoLou posted on May 3 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
Wow .... I really had no clue what you meant ... I'm still not sure .... you need something to cover wire splices? Like shrink-wrap tubing, that shrinks tight around splices with the application of heat from a blow-dryer for example???
telco, who's that dude in both avatars?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 3 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
telco, who's that dude in both avatars?

Oh, I thought I lost the first one after the board update thingy ... so I put up a new one. :p

It's GG Allin.

That gg allin dude is scary, but not as scary as that manson guy... *shudders*

Holy...I'm the top spammer poster today! I gotta stop posting...

Back