Uh What's Going On Here?

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
I signed in to the Gamepark site, I downloaded drivers, I downloaded the authenticator I unzip the usb driver and try to install it but it blips for a second like a dos window popped open and closed before I could read anything and left me wondering what the heck happened.... Any clue whats going on and how to fix it?? :(

EDIT:

Okay... I dont get it. I go over everything I did and try again, unzip files click a fe dozen times, turns out I'm too used to executables. Then try to connect the GP32 and force the computer to look for the driver. Trying to click the exe wouldn't install the driver. the computer has to look for it.... but the thing is I DID that the first time and it still didnt find the driver before. Why?!

Possible explaination:
I dont normally use WinZip, I use a program called UltimateZip, a free program that dosent ask you to register everytime you go to unzip a file like Winzip does. My assumption is that it corrupted the file the first time I tried to upen the Zip file. The second time in deperation I tried opening it with winzip and the computer was able to find the driver.

Is that what really happened? Not sure but it's my onl guess as to why it's working this time.

Now I'm off to try and complete the set up, wish me luck!

Good luck.

More importantly, if that was the problem, you might want to report it to the ultimatezip bug place, assuming they have one...

It's possible that I missed something along the way, But thankfully the computer does indeed recognize the GP now although I feel the set up process is a bit awkward.

I'm used to drivers that auto install, The authenticator gave me empty error messages that didnt explain anything, and not having a SMC afterward finally getting authenticated confused me(I kinda wish they included atleast a 8mb card just to get you started!)

Back